No improvement in 3dmark05 FPS in SLI

Guest maz_merged

Just set up my sli, changed the mobo jumpers, put 2 cards, put sli bridge, update latest nvidia drivers, set to SLI mode in nvidia control panel.

I run 3dmark05, and I'm getting the exact same FPS (if not less) in each of its tests (game 1, game 2...)

My overall score did not change at all, still around 5000.

What else should I be checking for? What scores should I be seeing with two 6800gt's?

Thanks guys

What resolution are you runnign at?

If I'm correct, SLi only starts to become noticeable at high resolutions....

That's incorrect. The difference between SLI and non-SLI just gets GREATER at higher resolutions, but there's allways a difference. Say like 15% difference at 1024x768 ups to 25% difference at 1600x1200.

As for the problem at hand, I really don't have a clue... Sorry... What driver-version are you using?

Here's an indication of what SLI should deliver: http://www.hardware.info/nl-NL/productdb/b...ce_6800_GT_SLI/

Greetz!!

Didnt' know that I have to enable SLI in mobo bios, will look into that.

The wierd thing is that nvidia control panel DOES see it as SLI, and I do see the performance thing (horizontal to vertical line to indicate alternate or split frame SLI).

OK, time to try bios.

And BTW, I still get 5000 score in 3dmark 05 with the standard resolution 1024 x 768 with the sli mode still..

OK, There is no SLI option in the bios. The only thing I see is in advanced peripheral optios, then enable SLI broadcast appartature which I did. Still no change in the frame rate...

What is wrong with my setup? Do I need to have the latest video card bios on both cards (I thought with the latest nvidia drivers, they dont need to ahve the same bios, not even the same manufacturere...)

Please help.

Also, under my manual, it mentions that there should be a SLI option under bios (for "SLI models only), but I just dont see it.

THAT WAS IT, THAT WAS IT, now Im getting good numbers.

YESSS, thank you.

BTW, in bios, udner PCI-EX config, I see a greyed out X8, NC, X8, X4. Is this what I'm supposed to see??

Also, do I need to change the alternate with split setting depending on the game?? I noticed athat although on 3dmark, I'm getting faster frames with alternate, in halflife two, I'm actualy getting slower frames per sec in sli vs single card mode in alternate frame rendering..

Thanks

THAT WAS IT, THAT WAS IT, now Im getting good numbers.

YESSS, thank you.

BTW, in bios, udner PCI-EX config, I see a greyed out X8, NC, X8, X4. Is this what I'm supposed to see??

Also, do I need to change the alternate with split setting depending on the game?? I noticed athat although on 3dmark, I'm getting faster frames with alternate, in halflife two, I'm actualy getting slower frames per sec in sli vs single card mode in alternate frame rendering..

Thanks

X8 NC X8 X4 is the right configuration for SLI... each X8 is for each video card.

You should only modify the individual game profiles for 3dMark (03, 05 and 06 on the EXE's only)... the games leave it at nVidia's default, since some games require Multi GPU sampling, while others work better with single GPU rendering.