Sign in to follow this  
VXFiReFlY

Zalman 7700;8000 or 9500???

Hi i wanna to buy new cooler cause i still have stock one even if he is cooling fine my conf, i want to try to get higher OC with my cpu so what cooler should i buy?? i preffer Zalman but if someone have some suggestions please post them.......

DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D

AMD Athlon 64b 3000+ [email protected]

2X 512Mb Kingmax SuperRam 433MHz PC3500

LeadTek Winfast PX7600GT eXtreme Edition 256Mb

Hitachi Deskstar 80Gb SATA2 2X RAID0

SuperPower LC550 550W

ThermalTake XASER III 1000A SuperTower

Pioneer DVDRW 111DBK

FujitsuSiemens 21" CRT

Well the 7000 is quite nice, using one now. With my chip at 2.4 I max out full load with Prime95 max heat torture test at 45c and the AS5 isn't fully cured.

The 7700 series would cool better due to having a larger fan. However this most likely would not fit on an Ultra-D if you have your ram in the Orange slots, as the 7000 is almost touching my ram in the Orange slots.

The 9500 is a great cooler best of the bunch! However for my chip it only cooled at 43c max under the same prime95 conditions. I've heard that until temps get into extremes the 9500 isn't much better than other heatsinks. But when the temps start getting really high (like P4 temps) it gets much better. It's definately the best of the bunch and brought my proc from full load back to idle temp the fastest at about 1-2 seconds compared to I'd guess 30 seconds with the 7000.

All these temps are measured with CoreTemp so if your using the Mobo monitor you may think they are high. My mobo cpu temp reads about 10c lower than CoreTemp.

I've upgraded from a 7700AlCu to a Thermalright SI-120 (see my sig), in my setup it's way better and also cools very well my ram and PWMIC. Plus, as the SI-120 have such a big wingspan it allow to change your ram very easily. Probably with the 9500 you can do a few degrees cooler but, in my experience, the Zalman it's no so good as the SI-120 in cooling the ram and PWMIC. Anyway, you can't go wrong with the 9500 or the Thermalright, IMHO, you need to balance what you want/need and decide. Good luck.

Other Thermalright options: XP-90, XP-120, SI-128

I've upgraded from a 7700AlCu to a Thermalright SI-120 (see my sig), in my setup it's way better and also cools very well my ram and PWMIC. Plus, as the SI-120 have such a big wingspan it allow to change your ram very easily. Probably with the 9500 you can do a few degrees cooler but, in my experience, the Zalman it's no so good as the SI-120 in cooling the ram and PWMIC. Anyway, you can't go wrong with the 9500 or the Thermalright, IMHO, you need to balance what you want/need and decide. Good luck.

Other Thermalright options: XP-90, XP-120, SI-128

Yeah, the 9500 didn't really help in cooling board components. The PWMs do run cooler with my 7000 but only by about 2c. However the 9500 also blows the hot air right out of the rear case fan.

Yes, it's for real, what you see in my sig it's prime x2 stable for 26+ hours even undervolted, I will do the OCDB later because right now i'm testing the highest OC possible with stock voltage.

google the 8000, seems it didnt get good reviews.

I would go with the 9500.

Well it is a low profile HSF which I'd guess was more for HTPC's and all, places where space matters as much as thermals. If you need a small HSF I've heard it does nice, but to get something else if you can fit it.

Another vote ofr the 9500 (led version here) and I love it. Very very silent and cools my chip pretty fricking good to say the least.

-yonton228/timmy

Thanks a lot guys ill go for 9500, btw psu and memory are allready cooled :D

DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D

AMD Athlon 64b 3000+ [email protected] 289x9

2X 512Mb Kingmax SuperRam 433MHz PC3500

LeadTek Winfast PX7600GT eXtreme Edition 256Mb

Hitachi Deskstar 80Gb SATA2 2X RAID0

SuperPower LC550 550W

ThermalTake XASER III 1000A SuperTower

Pioneer DVDRW 111DBK

FujitsuSiemens 21" CRT