DFI NF590 SLI-M2R/G AM2 probems

Guest DaddyD302_merged

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tanx! wasnt there last time i checked the support area. No worries i dont have the board yet but by the time i get it this BIOS will probably be an official version and no longer a BETA right?

No guarantee with that...regardless, you may or may not have the same issue once you get all of your components.

Guest DaddyD302

Omg!! Finally got windows to installl. I went back to the OCZ using one of them, up the voltage to 2.13, and used the sata slot 1 and 3. Somehow, it worked. I put back the corsair, and still running. I'm still not out of the woods yet, still installing the updates. Will keep you guys updated.

Omg!! Finally got windows to installl. I went back to the OCZ using one of them, up the voltage to 2.13, and used the sata slot 1 and 3. Somehow, it worked. I put back the corsair, and still running. I'm still not out of the woods yet, still installing the updates. Will keep you guys updated.

One small step for DaddyD302, one large step for mankind :P Good to hear you're making progress.

Guest DaddyD302

Well like I said, I'm not out of the woods yet. Getting bsod anytime I try to run more then 1 program. Like installing real player and surfing the web causes bsod. Then I get check disk when I reboot, it checks and corrects and I'm back. Before I get the bsod, the computer gets sluggishes. I lower the ram fsb to 667, and only voltage is at 2.13. Only other thing I did was change the multiplier to 11. It was only at 10 and I was only getting 2.0ghz. By changing it to 11X, I'm getting what I'm supposed to get at 2.2ghz. Gonna look on the boards for hints and things to read, maybe tomorrow I'll try using my old OCZ and see if it improves.

I had this problem all day trying to install windows and even the Nvidia chipset and ATI video card drivers, I spent about 5 hours and eventually it let me install. The only things I changed was the Vdimm from 1.8 to 2.07 and moved the SATA connectors from SATA1 and 2 to SATA1 and 3.

Guest DaddyD302

Well I emailed DFI and this is what I got, and newegg is down again for me. Seems neither ram I have atm are stable. Still getting sluggish when I have more then 1 thing open, then bsod.

Sent : Sunday, September 10, 2006 9:12 PM

To :

Subject : RE: DFI NF590 SLI-M2R/G AM2 probems

Probably a ram issue because I know one of the Ocz techs pretty well and he has been using their PC7200 EPP memory and some of the VX1000/PC8000 and has not had any problems.

Please use *Reply All* option when communicating with tech support. And always include previous correspondence in RE: Thank you.

Sincerely,

Robert AKA RGone...

Guest DaddyD302
@ DaddyD302 - remove all of those publicly viewable email addresses from your previous post...

Done. I discover something very odd. I was usinf Firefox 1.5 to download PCmark05 and it made my computer slow as hell, to a point where I had to reboot it. I up the ram volt to 2.0 and use Opera and it d/l without a problem. Gonna try it again on FF and see if it's just FF or if it was related to me upping the ram volt.

EDIT: Ok just ran 3dmark06 and after it got done, I click ok to send it. As I send it, the screen started to flicker on and off. Setting ram volt back to 2.13.

EDIT: ok it seems, it is FF, that causing my computer to slow down. Opera works fine with those huge downloads.

Update: 3dmark2001SE is crashing. Tried switching rams, same results. Gonna try running a few games to see if they're stable.

Guest DaddyD302
Done. I discover something very odd. I was usinf Firefox 1.5 to download PCmark05 and it made my computer slow as hell, to a point where I had to reboot it. I up the ram volt to 2.0 and use Opera and it d/l without a problem. Gonna try it again on FF and see if it's just FF or if it was related to me upping the ram volt.

EDIT: Ok just ran 3dmark06 and after it got done, I click ok to send it. As I send it, the screen started to flicker on and off. Setting ram volt back to 2.13.

EDIT: ok it seems, it is FF, that causing my computer to slow down. Opera works fine with those huge downloads.

Update: 3dmark2001SE is crashing. Tried switching rams, same results. Gonna try running a few games to see if they're stable.

Well I discovered another odd problem. I was downloading the other HL2 games in steam and wham bsod. I notticed that if I d/l anything huge it causes my system to slow down and freeze. These are very very odd problems, I have never encounter before. I disabled the first ethernet lan, and used the second one, so far so good.

Update: So far so good on the second Lan connection, no slow down issues or freezes yet. I downloaded some game most over 1G and no problems. Still goonna have to try it on FF later on too. Seems Opera is more stable then FF for my computer, which is odd since I've used FF for years till now. Seems the system is more stable running at 533 fsb.... Wtf, I bought these rams so I could run at 800, but oh well. Might have to send them back for some OCZ.