DFI NF590 SLI-M2R/G AM2 probems

Guest DaddyD302_merged

Yeps.. Download the latest Bios on the DFI Product Page for this board, (if you have been following the thread; it has been referred to as the "beta" bios, but is beta no longer)

OK, strange.. thre was a post asking about the freezing bios issue... I replied with the above.. then the post disappeared... maybe I am just seeing things...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little tip on HT Drive Strenght:

This feature seems to be new in LANParty motherboards and there's little info about this on the net. I found that setting the CPU/C51 HT Drive Strenght to Hi, Hi gave me better CPU overclocks at lower Vcore. My X2 3800+ wants 1.4V with Low, Low but I can easily dual Prime over 6 hours at 1.32V at Hi, Hi.

YMMV on this one, I saw no benefit from this setting for me if there is any I would have saved 0.0125v to my vcore. I guess I got a not so great cpu stepping paired with my bad decision on ram when I should've gotten some Platinums instead. :(

Huh.. strange.. cause I am at 2700 already... and it's not cpu but the ratio and ram issue thats holding me back.. I get 5 hours stable Priming on small ffts, and I know I need a bit more vcore.. But it's when i start testing memory I get teh 30 second primes. That of course is due to not being able to run a 266/400 ratio with this board (chipset or bios perhaps), and a 10x multiplier at HTT > 262. Sigh. I don't know If i'd ever hit 3+ with this, but I know I am not at the CPU's limits. Not yet.

Should I start another thread about the multiplier / ratio issue?

I can boot at 200/400 !!!! Still not the greatest, but better then Very Unstable Ram. !!! I am so happy. lol.

So currently 275 x 10, 3x HTT, 200/400 (CPU/10) So effective 550mhz Mem speed. (Not good, but heck lets see where my proc stops :)

FYI: @ 1.5v for the above... Don't think I need all of it, but not at dangerous levels at all. Also, My OCZ Tempest, is not something I would really recommend... I hit about 61-63c running orthos on blend.

Guest DaddyD302

Has anyone tried the Nvidia dualnet yet? I was wondering if anyone seen the benifits from it. I tried it once but I think I did something wrong, because I couldn't get the second port to work correctly. When I went into the Nvidia network program it asked me to install the second driver, and I didn't know where it was. I didn't see it on the mobo CD. Well here's what it is.

http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.asp...cleid=822&cid=1

Edit: Well it's is a pos program. Took twices as long to boot to windows. It also made my computer slower. I had to manually add each game to it. So buggy, and so full of crap. I took it out, it still had problems. Still took forever to boot up. I had to resort to rolling back to get my computer back to normal. Seems to me not worth the trouble. When I was testing it, saw no improvement in games, still same ping.

I don't believe you would see any gain in ping.. (or loss I guess depending upon how you look at it) Unless:

a) you were using First packet, AND

B) you had other traffic for it to shape.

That being said, the dualnet portion of it would gain you benefit only if you were saturating one GBe connection, and then did load balancing among the two (or whatever this calls it); thus allowing you bandwidth greater then 1 GBe port would handle. If for instance you were hooked to a GBe Switch with both ports, and were pulling / serving to/from multiple hosts on that switch that had good GBe solutions, then you might get to that point. This would depend upon your switch's ability to pass that much traffic.

------

A better use for technology like "First Packet" would be playing a LAN / WAN game like WOW, while running azureus or some file sharing program.

A better use for Dual Net would be a High bandwidth environment, like a file server on GBe. Firstly, fail over, Secondly Increased Bandwidth to the cloud of peers / clients your serving... (Depending upon your setup)

Guest DaddyD302

Ok somehow, I managed to screw up the computer. Well yesterday I decided to download a few free games from the free software thread. I downloaded the FEAR Combat, and flightgear. Well after I downloaded FEAR Combat, and tried to open it up, my system just stalled. I could move the mouse around but couldn't do anything else. It was like I was running a million antivirus scans. I couldn't even get to task manager. I had to reset, and when it booted up again, I ran my Zone alarm antivirus and spyware and they found nothing. Well the spyware found gamespy, and qaurantined it. I didn't care since I hardly use gamespy. Well when I tried to run the antivirus scan and defraging, my computer once again stalled. Once again the only thing I could do was move the mouse, nothing else worked.

I rebooted and scanned again, nothing again. Well tonight when I tried loading steam, and tried to download Dark Messiah, and run IE, IE crashed right away, and again my system stalled. I managed to get to task manager by alt/tab/delete. I had to reboot again. I wonder if this has anything to do with me downloading something huge. The only other time this happen was when I stilled had my MSI 570 SLI mobo which I traded in for this mobo. I am clueless on wtf is happening atm. My only guess is the memory is defected? Any clue guys?

Hmm perhaps still remnants of your experiment with the nvidia stuff. do you have like a windows PE disk? Or a live linux cd? Run those, and see how stable / unstabe your system is. Might as well take software out of the box of issues that could be affecting you.

Hi, I am new on this forum, but I have my motherboard for at least two weeks now. You can see the rest of my hardware in my signature. I am testing my system at 275 x 10, 4x HTT, 400/400 (CPU/5) and timings are 5 5 5 18, so my memory speed is 1100 at 2,07V. I would like to run it on 250x11, 4HTT, 400/400 with timings set to 4 4 4 12 wich I am sure will work fine, but when I fire up CPU-Z it says I am running everything the way I want exept memory speed, which goes down to 880. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?