Sign in to follow this  
phi&#124os

Creative X-Fi not being detected at all...

Hey there, I was wondering if anyone has run into their X-Fi soundcard not being detected. I'm really f'in confused as to why my system would all the sudden decide to not detect my soundcard...

Your best options is to troubleshoot the error by using the sound card in another system or trying a different sound card in your system. This narrows the problem down to either the sound card or possibly a PCI problem (single port or chip problem).

My onboard RealTek audio had problems and when I reseated the little box on the mobo it would finally recognize and install it. Could try that or putting it in a different PCI slot.

boo

I got it working, I had to completely uninstall all creative software, and then I had to use the CD that came with it, install drivers, use the device manager also to install, and voila, it appeared. Updated drivers, everything working fine now, cept' the stupid butt comp reboots when I shut it down about 80% of the time...