Sign in to follow this  
Agallion

Best Over Clock

1.jpg 1800+ retail from newegg 0334 niucb wpmw dlt3c runs prime 95 stable for a few hours at 2600mhz then i shut it off

at 2645 i get reboots even with a pelt so i think i am at my psu limits, my 12v line gets kinda low :)

not bad for a 56 dollar chip

but it is not stable, my 2500 is at 2416 stable. ya, i have watercooling, but hey, its stable.

1700 all the way got mine running at 220o right now could probably push it a little further

How do the 2600+ Barton's compare to the 2500+ in terms of overclocking? I havn't started overclocking mine yet (waiting for my new case to get in, current one has pathetic air flow). I havn't really seen anyone ranting and raving about the 2600, hopefully not because they suck. :unsure:

i dont think there are any 2600+ bartons

correct me if im wrong

and the 2500+ is bretter because of the L2 cache

BTW mine is running at a 3200+

Most of the new Barton 2500's will overclock between 2300 and 2400 on air cooling. To go above that, you will need water or vapour cooling. :P

Probably the best price/performance ratio is the 2500+, mine is 100MHz faster than a 3200+ with air coolling. But the 1700+, 1800+ and 2100+ tbredB were all great OCers. But they are hard to find know, so the price has gone up on them (the ones with the right steppng code), but they don't have the extra L2 cache.

Edited by AMDOCuser

Proof of the 2600+ Barton :P

Ok, not too bad if you have the 266 FSB 2600+. but it still doesn't compare to the 2500+.

Edited by AMDOCuser

but it is not stable, my 2500 is at 2416 stable. ya, i have watercooling, but hey, its stable.

it is stable enough for me it ran prime for about 2 hours and had no problem at 2600 then i shut it off