Fantasy Hockey 06

Vikodemous

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as many have said before, the highest payroll does not = stanley cup. the best team is a mix of people, old playmakers/rookies/4th line bruisers..they all need to play their role..its a team effort in hockey, the $9million superstar who plays by himself with his teamates waiting for passes..just doesnt cut it..it never did..hopefully this year the rangers put together a great year..perhaps something along the lines of 1994 :)

whos Shanahan..your kidding right?

as many have said before, the highest payroll does not = stanley cup. the best team is a mix of people, old playmakers/rookies/4th line bruisers..they all need to play their role..its a team effort in hockey, the $9million superstar who plays by himself with his teamates waiting for passes..just doesnt cut it..it never did

Too true. Now with the caps in place, no single teams should be loaded with star players. Should make for much more competitive games all around.

Any team that can put out 3 good lines is in good shape, a team that can roll out 4 decent lines will go far.

You did notice the 'lol' after "Who's Shanahan?"

i did, but i was in a different frame of mind and didnt think you were being facetious. :)

as you said, anyone with 3 solid lines is in great shape, where the 4th line is the heavy hitters etc... but a team with 4 solid lines..damn near perfect...

Any team that can put out 3 good lines is in good shape, a team that can roll out 4 decent lines will go far.

look at teh Sabres...a bunch of nobodies or rookies or near-rookie-nobodies lol

and they were simply fantastic to watch because they could put out 4 really strong lines, and the teamwork...their entire team was like watching Alfredsson-Heately-Spezza single line from the Senators (those guys weren't no joke...they ALWAYS knew where each other was or was going to be on the ice). Buffalo's teamwork was amazing, they always played like a well-oiled machine, even when they lost (they rarely lost in a blowout, most games were close that I watched).

I wonder what the Caps are up to...they need to surround Ovechkin with some talent...not necessarily high priced talent, but some talent nonetheless...

omfg Thunda has just been demoted back to regular user

I never knew his "type" was one of my mods!

I always screen them so well!

he doesn't even know where the NY Islanders play....and he lives on Long Island!!!

We need to vote...

I wanted to send him to watch the Isles play San Jose (because of Joe Thornton and crew), but they only play once and in SJ.

So it looks like a couple of home games vs Washington Capitals (so he can see Ovechkin and whatever bunch of losers the Isles have assembled this year lol), and a couple vs the Penguins, and of course, 4 home games against the hated Rangers and their juicy-moody star Jaromir "The Hockey Player Formerly Known As Great" Jagr.

here's the Islander's schedule:

http://www.newyorkislanders.com/team/sched...sp?date=10/2006

starting in October. Hockey fans check it out and let's send this guy to a REAL NHL hockey game (courtesy of Angry_Games). Pick a game you'd like him to see at home (the pink/beige colored games), and I'll send him.

;)

starting in October. Hockey fans check it out and let's send this guy to a REAL NHL hockey game (courtesy of Angry_Games). Pick a game you'd like him to see at home (the pink/beige colored games), and I'll send him.

How bout Buffalo on Oct. 26, maybe turn him into a Sabres fan.

bah..hed have to go to buffalo to go to a sabres game..either turn him into an isles fan..by sending him to an easy win game, or turn him to a city goer and make him watch a rivals game NYR vs NYI..always great games

i was at the 1994 rangers/islanders playoffs...rangers put the isles to shame in 4 straight, knocking them out of the playoffs..i love them

LETS GO RANGERS!