Sign in to follow this  
s10man69

What do you think of a "Chromed" CM Stacker??

I am thinking of seeing if it is even possible, to chrome my entire CoolerMaster Stacker case. I think it would look amazing! As in, Chrome Plating, where they dip it in Chrome...

What do you think? I don't think it would cost entirely too much, but it's kind of for a competition for case mods. Do you think it's a good idea? Or is it just a plain jane excuse for a case mod?

I am thinking of seeing if it is even possible, to chrome my entire CoolerMaster Stacker case. I think it would look amazing!

What do you think? I don't think it would cost entirely too much, but it's kind of for a competition for case mods. Do you think it's a good idea? Or is it just a plain jane excuse for a case mod?

To have it just completely chrome would look okay, but, if its for a competiion I think you might want to do a little more than just chrome? Maybe chrome the internal and have a nice metallic of very High gloss paint on the outside?

I dont know...but either way I think the Chrome would look nice...

There is chroming and then there is "mirror plating chrome" (like a toasters side).

I looked at having both side panels of an Antec/Chieftec/Chenming MId size tower done and the quote was a little unter $200 USD. A lot of dough.

There is chroming and then there is "mirror plating chrome" (like a toasters side).

I looked at having both side panels of an Antec/Chieftec/Chenming MId size tower done and the quote was a little unter $200 USD. A lot of dough.

Better use tin-foil and be real carefull! :D

j / k

While it's not up my alley, it would seem like a nice mod!

I don't know. If I had the dough I'd probably go for it with a Stacker.

But you'll be in deep doo-doo if you get a scratch in it.

I just think it would look f'in cool...but I just don't know...

I was thinking of just doing the inside...But, theres only a couple place, both about 45 minutes away from me that can probably do it. So, who knows...BTW, I'd be getting everything chromed if I did do it, as in, the mesh drive bay covers...Maybe it's not really worth the pain.

Anyone ever "Spray painted" the chrome paint on? I wonder if that would look fairly decent?

As long as I added clear coat and such to it..

Ok, the "Kentucky Chrome" (no offense to y'all from Kentucky), as an auto body tech told me, would not be very shiny at all..so negate that

Blooz, you are right, chrome plating is hard to find. I have found some places that do "hard Chrome plating," but I'm leaning towards Nickel Plating. I just got off the phone with a company the next town over, and I had to email him the newegg linky to my Stacker 810.

Hopefully it's doable! They probabaly think I am a turd or something..who would triple nickel plate a computer case?