What do you think of a "Chromed" CM Stacker??

I am thinking of seeing if it is even possible, to chrome my entire CoolerMaster Stacker case. I think it would look amazing! As in, Chrome Plating, where they dip it in Chrome...

What do you think? I don't think it would cost entirely too much, but it's kind of for a competition for case mods. Do you think it's a good idea? Or is it just a plain jane excuse for a case mod?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking of seeing if it is even possible, to chrome my entire CoolerMaster Stacker case. I think it would look amazing!

What do you think? I don't think it would cost entirely too much, but it's kind of for a competition for case mods. Do you think it's a good idea? Or is it just a plain jane excuse for a case mod?

To have it just completely chrome would look okay, but, if its for a competiion I think you might want to do a little more than just chrome? Maybe chrome the internal and have a nice metallic of very High gloss paint on the outside?

I dont know...but either way I think the Chrome would look nice...

There is chroming and then there is "mirror plating chrome" (like a toasters side).

I looked at having both side panels of an Antec/Chieftec/Chenming MId size tower done and the quote was a little unter $200 USD. A lot of dough.

There is chroming and then there is "mirror plating chrome" (like a toasters side).

I looked at having both side panels of an Antec/Chieftec/Chenming MId size tower done and the quote was a little unter $200 USD. A lot of dough.

Better use tin-foil and be real carefull! :D

j / k

While it's not up my alley, it would seem like a nice mod!

I just think it would look f'in cool...but I just don't know...

I was thinking of just doing the inside...But, theres only a couple place, both about 45 minutes away from me that can probably do it. So, who knows...BTW, I'd be getting everything chromed if I did do it, as in, the mesh drive bay covers...Maybe it's not really worth the pain.

Anyone ever "Spray painted" the chrome paint on? I wonder if that would look fairly decent?

As long as I added clear coat and such to it..

Blooz, you are right, chrome plating is hard to find. I have found some places that do "hard Chrome plating," but I'm leaning towards Nickel Plating. I just got off the phone with a company the next town over, and I had to email him the newegg linky to my Stacker 810.

Hopefully it's doable! They probabaly think I am a turd or something..who would triple nickel plate a computer case?