OCZ EL PC4000 + UT nf4 Ultra-D

k0d0s

Hey guys, I just got some shiny new OCZ EL PC4000 DDR memory (2x1GB) for my UT nf4 Ultra-D setup. I have a 4000+ SD, and I had 1GB of Corsair XMS PC3200 before the upgrade. I seem to be having trouble getting my OCZ memory to work properly. As I write this, I am using it, with an FSB of 245MHz x 11. I am using a 166 DRAM ratio (5:6), so my memory is only running at 192MHz. I really want to use a 1:1 ratio, so I can get my FSB and memory around 245 each. However, my computer will not boot when I choose this ratio! Does anyone have any tips for me, because I would hate to waste this awesome memory (that cost me $250!)

Thanks,

-k0d0s

EDIT: I forgot to mention that, upon upgrading my memory, my F.E.A.R tells me that I have "invalid game assets" every time I try and join a multiplayer game. It will load the map, then gives me this error :/

Have you run MemTest from the BIOS to ensure that your settings are sound? Did you reset the CMOS after installing the new memory and load optimised defaults? Did you then go back into the BIOS and manaully enter the new timings for this memory?

Might be worth taking a look at the stock speed database and check for some known good settings...