Sign in to follow this  
MjrTom

Kinston Hyper-X BH-5 on DFI (Lanparty SLi-D)

Yellow is the best for the most part depending on which bios you are on.

I have a set of Corsair BH-5 that has the SPD set at 2.5 3 3 8 so I have to boot them up in the orange slots, set timings, save shut down and then move them into the yellows. They don't see much action..

I will find out what BIOS revision I am on. Got the kit second hand, think its the most recent one since the FSB is a drop down box not typed in. (hope that makes sence)

yeah cpdmf is right only reason Kingston ant recommended is they use too many chips (Just like corsair) to keep up. you guys do your home work and find out what chips you got then DFI boards have no problem

Yeah It took many hours of sifting the net to find out what IC's are used on these modules.

I then backed this up by gently (gingerly) prising the heat spreader until I could make out the part code imprinted. Good old Winbond BH-5 :)

UPDATE:

Ive got the rig set up outside of the case

I Moved all the motherboard jumpers to their default positions and performed a full CMOS clear. I installed one module in the Orange (DIMM2) slot and proceeded to boot up. I went through the windows install and a few drivers for chipsets and graphics cards etc.

Now ive decided to add the second memory module in the other orange slot but it posts but blue screens on windows load. If I move them to the yellow slots they dont even post.

Ive tried the SPD timings and also the timings stated above but with no sucess.

Thanks

My OCZ BH-5 run better in the orange slots but I think it's because of the bios version. I can get about 250 at 3.5 volts as a max but they wicked fast timings.Try loading optimized defaults then set the first four settings ( in order 2-2-5-2 )

Yeah at the moment I can only get it to POST with one module on the orange DIMM2 slot.

Im going to upgrade the BIOS to 6-23 this evening and see if that helps.

And also this:

Yellow is the best for the most part depending on which bios you are on.

I have a set of Corsair BH-5 that has the SPD set at 2.5 3 3 8 so I have to boot them up in the orange slots, set timings, save shut down and then move them into the yellows. They don't see much action..

hope you checked both sticks to see if there both BH-5 ? And i have allways heard that the orange slots were the most used. But CPDMF Does know his .

hope you checked both sticks to see if there both BH-5 ? And i have allways heard that the orange slots were the most used. But CPDMF Does know his .

Hmm good point. I only checked one of the modules. They are a matched pair though with identical part numbers and revision.

haha well as you know kingston ya better check

Yeah I will also check that out. Took quite some time to prise the heat spreader without damaging the the PCB or the heatspreader itself :P