DFI LanParty NF590 SLI-M2R/G - Stock Speed DB Entries + OCZ Tony expl

Stock Speed Database entries + OCZ Tony explanations of the NF590 SLI BIOS!

All the bios screens are shown so you can follow along (if you are using similar setup..and if not, it shouldn't be that hard since only a few variables will change like no raid, etc)

Enjoy!

http://www.angrygames.com/nf590sli-1.htm

Stock Speed Database Entries:

All are for DFI Lanparty NF590 SLI-M2R/G motherboards

All are 2x1GB DDR2 kits

OCZ Gold GX DDR2-1000 5-6-6-15

OCZ OCZ2P100001GEEK 4-5-4-12

Patriot PDC22G5300LLK 4-4-4-12

GSkill F2-8000PHU2-2GBHZ 4-4-4-15

OCZ PC2-5300 Gold (OCZ26672048ELGEGXT-K)

So i have tested upto DDR1200 2T, 9001T and for me 1T is much easier to tweak for and seems as fast if not faster. To get there you need to tweak a bit away from Oskars base settings but they are pretty damn close and a good start.

Drive strength...2 1gig dimms test 8 to 12, i find 10 nice. Weak works for me, the office found Normal nice for 2t high clocks.

The other drive strengths I set to the following...from the top:

Im still playing with these, this is a good base though and helped me hit 9001T ;)

TRC....I set 11 to 13, why? as it pulls TRAS back to how we expect it to work ;) if you leave it high low tras will lose performance and add stability, high TRAS will gain performance and lose stability, all AM2 boards do the same...its the memory controller!!

TWR...big gains with this one, 3 is aggresive, losen for stability

TRWT tight=instability, play with it

TWTR 2 is good for fast ram 1T, losen for high clocks

TREF, may have issues 7.8 is faster than 3.9, 15.6 may not work, under investigation at this time

Max Async Latency, 6 thru 10, 10 for adding in stability, losing a little performance

DRAM ODT auto 75 is ok although 50 may help high clocks, still testing this one

Idle Cycle limit...16 is ok, seems bugged in the bios, try the others though and see how they do, setting 128 reads 16 in bios.

That is where im at right now, the board clocks ram VERY well, and I was able to hit higher speeds with the FX with lower Vcore than the Foxconn reference.

I will try and post screenies to help you along and time permitting write a guide. I know Robert and Travis have one on route, with Robert helping me now i may have him look after the guide if he feels upto it.

Please keep the questions in the thread, lots of peeps looking to run this board so keeping the info public and away from PM's will help more.

T

Original Post HERE

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DaddyD302
Ok, so I've spent the weekend fooling with the thing, and here's ya some love with it 100% rock stable.

All the bios screens are shown so you can follow along (if you are using similar setup..and if not, it shouldn't be that hard since only a few variables will change like no raid, etc)

I've got to go fix up a new SSDB and OC Database template so these boards can be entered!

Enjoy!

http://www.angrygames.com/nf590sli-1.htm

here's the first Stock Speed Database Entry for it too!

Just wondering can I use these for my current set up? I'm trying it, and if you or anyone else thinks it's a bad idea please let me know.

Update: Well it was a bad idea for me to try lol, back to sqaure one.

the settings we've provided are to be used as a baseline to begin at unless you have the exact same RAM/mobo/cpu (well, cpu isn't really all that important...it's the mobo + RAM that are important in that situation), then you can use the exact settings

the motherboard bios is quite tight, strung like piano wire...so a bit of loosening of some DRAM settings is probably in order to get yourself stable

take into account also that we don't have any of the Corsair RAM you have, but you should read up on the Overclocking Guide in the AMD - Overclocking section to get a good feel for bioses and the settings that are relatively the same across all Nforce motherboards (though the NF590 does introduce a few new ones, which is why OCZ Tony posted his little bit for the moment so everyone would have a good baseline to start from on those new settings we've never seen before)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...