Sign in to follow this  
guitarguy89

My New Project

Yes, you should get a fan grill. There are a ton of styles to get. Try SVC.com (use the link that benefits DFI Street though). Are you in the US or abroad? I have a chrome concentric style one and a "blade" style. The chrome ones are cheap and usually only cost a dollar or two. They are also great for airflow since they block the least amount of air. The special design ones cost more.

thanks osama thats actually a really good idea, i never thought of that

Yeah you really don't need it on the PSU considering it's inside the system. I don't know how much airflow it really cuts into but whatever. Just take the grill guard off the PSU and put the screw back so the fan doesn't move. Make sure taking those 4 screws out doesn't void PSU warranty though it probably doesn't.

got it all installed tonight not a single leak...so far.

ran into a few stupid mistakes, i counted how many clamps i would need, got 4 for my two rads, 2 for my maze4, 2 for my tdx, 2 for my pump, figured i need 10, so i bought 12 just to be safe, but i never tought about connecting the tube to my fillport or the 3 i would need for my poly T. so i had to run back to homedepot for some more clamps.

that was stupid mistake one, now after i got everything together and went to go hook my t line to the fillport, i realized i didnt drill a hole for my fillport and i totally forgot about it. i dont really feel like taking everything apart just to drill a hole for my fillport right now.

i got it all filled with liquid, and all the big bubbles are out but the water is very cloudy from really small bubbles, will those go out eventually or do i have to do something to get them out?

well im off to bed gotta go to school tomorrow, ill post some pics tomorrow after school.

Well, at least you can get the top back off and drill it, then put it back on. Some cases are put together with screws and some are rivets. The rivets make it more difficult to do without taking it all apart, but if it screws together you just take it apart, drill it and put it back together. Inconvenient, maybe, but not as bad as taking the whole rig apart to do it.

got it all installed tonight not a single leak...so far.

ran into a few stupid mistakes, i counted how many clamps i would need, got 4 for my two rads, 2 for my maze4, 2 for my tdx, 2 for my pump, figured i need 10, so i bought 12 just to be safe, but i never tought about connecting the tube to my fillport or the 3 i would need for my poly T. so i had to run back to homedepot for some more clamps.

that was stupid mistake one, now after i got everything together and went to go hook my t line to the fillport, i realized i didnt drill a hole for my fillport and i totally forgot about it. i dont really feel like taking everything apart just to drill a hole for my fillport right now.

i got it all filled with liquid, and all the big bubbles are out but the water is very cloudy from really small bubbles, will those go out eventually or do i have to do something to get them out?

well im off to bed gotta go to school tomorrow, ill post some pics tomorrow after school.

You dont have to drill a hole for the fillport...just use some Zipties to hold it down some where safe....

All of the bubbles should move out of the system but the question I have is are you filling it with the Fillport open or sealed...you need to run it with the system open in order to help remove a lot of the air...once all the bubbles are gone then you can seal it...

And cloudy water? I dont know what coolant your using but I am curious if you cleaned everything prior to the install...the radiators can have a lot of misc. crap in them and that could cause a little bit of the cloudyness...but then again it could just be the coolant...

You dont have to drill a hole for the fillport...just use some Zipties to hold it down some where safe....

All of the bubbles should move out of the system but the question I have is are you filling it with the Fillport open or sealed...you need to run it with the system open in order to help remove a lot of the air...once all the bubbles are gone then you can seal it...

And cloudy water? I dont know what coolant your using but I am curious if you cleaned everything prior to the install...the radiators can have a lot of misc. crap in them and that could cause a little bit of the cloudyness...but then again it could just be the coolant...

i dont have the fillport on right now, the tube is just taped to my case. im going to do what t ski said and take the top off, its only 6 screws so it isnt that bad.

also the water isnt cloudy anymore, it was ust because of the little bubbles.

im getting pretty good temps also, last night when i first turned it on my gpu was 35, and my cpu was going between 26-28, now it stays at about 23 and the gpu is at 33