Sign in to follow this  
guitarguy89

My New Project

I have a B&D wizard and it works fine. Just make sure you double - even triple - check your stuff, lay it all out in masking tape on your case, then cut. If you cut inside you can make it bigger, but if you too big you can't add back on.

The only other option you may have is to use laser cutting or abrasive water-jet, but that is a service and you have to have someone near you that can do it. I'm having a design cut in my side panel with AWJ today. It should cost about $15-20 for what I'm having done. However, for either you need to have a cad drawing of the cuts you need, plus for AWJ (maybe for laser, too - IDK) you can't do it on a box. It has to be done on a flat panel where the cutter can have something behind it to stop the water.

In all I don't think you will have any issues with the dremel. Google up some how-to's on it and get some pointers. It really isn't that hard, just time consuming. I've done lots oif dremel work and have been very satisfied in it when I've taken my time. For an idea of what you can do with a dremel, check out my "Watercooling my $19.99 case" thread. :D

lol yes it was very easy, but i used the cheaper discs that it came with and those 2 got ground down to nothing pretty fast, almost got the hole done.

Im gonna pick up some of the better discs tomorrow and finish cutting the hole and also cut the grate out of the fan in the back to improve the airflow

Dremel makes a couple accessory kits. I picked up the $30 version from Home Depot a while back, and it has a ton of stuff in it. Prolly 30 wheels in one size, 30 in another, some larger wheels, lots of grinders, sanders, mandrels, and even a circle cutter. Think there might have been a straight-edge guide. Definitely worth the money if you can pick one up. I think Wal-Mart had the smaller $20 version (no circle-cutter and less pieces, obviously).

ill defenitaly have some more pics up tomorrow after the holes are cut and i start mounting my rads and getting it all setup.

I already mounted the TDX and Maze4, but i was wondering if there was a certain barb for inlet and outlet or does it matter?

I know the TDX needs the one over the "fins" on the block to be the inlet. That way it shoots water through them and out the other size. Maze4 chipset block os probably the same, go in the center and out the other one.

I know the TDX needs the one over the "fins" on the block to be the inlet. That way it shoots water through them and out the other size. Maze4 chipset block os probably the same, go in the center and out the other one.

i dont have a maze4 chipset block, its the maze4gpu block

Fiberglass Reinforced Cut-off Wheels

Use those. Make sure to wear long sleeved shirts and some glasses... they will crack and fly off (from exp).

If you cant find anything to cut a hole, just use the cutoff wheel to make little cutts around in a smaller diameter and use the grinding bit to smooth / fill it out. You can also use cheap automotive door protector to hide mistakes.

Check local auto shops, comes in black or chrom

http://www.carbumper.com/shopping_cart/pics/1/EW_105a.jpg

did some more work today when i got home from school, getting everything assembled.

picture010wg1.th.jpg

picture011zu3.th.jpg

does anybody know of a place where i can get a 120MM fan grill?, i dont think the blowhole looks that great with out a fan grill