Battlefield 2 v1.4 Patch Released

J-Teck

Might aswell post a few tips while I am waiting for it to download. 531mb @ 240kbps should take around 35mins.

Many of you may have seen these tips already, if you havn't they could help your bf2 experience a lot.

Always install the full patch, not the incremental. It is thought that people using the 1.22 - 1.3 patch are what where causing the server crashes. Reinstall the program from scratch for best results.

Automatic Login

You can be automatically logged in each time you launch Battlefield 2, by editing your BF2 Command Line.

"C:Program FilesEA GamesBattlefield 2BF2.exe" +playerName your playername +playerPassword your password

e.g "C:Program FilesEA GamesBattlefield 2BF2.exe" +playerName DogMaN +playerPassword Banana1

Remove the intro videos. These take up a fair ammount of memory and once they have been watched serve no real purpose.

Go to Program FilesEA GamesBattlefield 2modsbf2Movies and either move, rename or delete all of the .bik files. You can then use the placeholder files from here.

If you have favourites saved which are constantly appearing in red, delete them. They make login take a lot longer to complete.

That's about all I can think of for now.

That is the most important thing you can do to help prevent problems with this game. Uninstall, reinstall,install x-packs, then full 1.4 patch.

-yonton228/timmy

dang thats alot of work to get this game to work...still cant help it...love running people over with tanks...

I, for one, wish EA would post MD5 and/or SHA1 sums of the patches to games (or even full blown PGP/GPG signatures). Actually, I really wish EA would buck up and actually host the goddamn things themselves, but if they're not going to, the file sums/sigs would be nice.

You don't need to get placeholder stuff for the intro vidoes, nor do you have to delete the movies. All you have to do is type +restart in the bf2 icon cmd line.

Works perfect..

-Will