Sign in to follow this  
edjahman

raid 0 with 2 sata hd's on lp sli-dr

I had to skip all of the files because it said it could not find them and then windows copied the rest of the system files and when it re booted it blue screened. I erased the array and made it again so I can try it with the 6.66 drivers now.

--EJM

I tried it again and as soon as I pressed 's' and chose the first file on the floppy, Windows just took off and copied the rest of the system files without letting me chose the second driver from the floppy so when it got the the partition page it saw 2 drives instead of one volume. WTF?

--EJM

I managed to redo it again and when windows reboots and then trys to access the floppy its looking for nvatabus.sys it says it cannot find it even though its right there on the floppy.

Please, Someone help.

--EJM

Wow... never had that many problems with raid. In all honesty though, I don't think raid0 is worth it. It's just not that much faster, it's faster yes, but not so much faster in game loads and all that I need it. Just going to break my array and use one of the drives in a new computer I'm building. If I still did 16 track audio recording and all, I'd be all about raid0, but I just don't tax my disk bandwith like that anymore.

I've always used the raid drivers off of the DFI website. Just drop all the files in the winxp folder into the root of your floppy and all should be well. Also are you using a cd with SP1 or 2?

Guest Blooz1

For one thing, using "cut + paste" isn't the same thing as "unpacking" the files using a program like WINRAR or some sort of ZIP program. The files might still be in their compressed state.

Well, I unpacked the 6.66 nvidia drivers and copied the sataraid files onto a floppy and it still didnt work. F it. I just have 2 160 gb hd's now without raid. From what i read it doesn't seem so wonderful anyway. It makes no sense that windows xp installation could not read the files that were right there on the floppy.

Thanks Everyone.

--ejm

I have 2 new Seagate 320 gig perpendicular SATA drives i was going to put into RAID 0, but found out my floppy plug wouldn't reach the floppie drive with the Arctic Freezer Pro being in the way. I'm using them as regular drives and am surprised at their speed. I'll probably let them stay that way.

I have 2 new Seagate 320 gig perpendicular SATA drives i was going to put into RAID 0, but found out my floppy plug wouldn't reach the floppie drive with the Arctic Freezer Pro being in the way. I'm using them as regular drives and am surprised at their speed. I'll probably let them stay that way.

I don't even install my floppy drive. I just plug it in and let it sit outside the case when I need to use it. If you change your mind and raid them you could do the same.