Sign in to follow this  
edjahman

using nlite to incorporate drivers nf4-sli-dr

I have a LP NF4 SLI-DR and I'm trying to incorporate drivers off of the floppy into my windows installation using nlite and I wanted to know which set of drivers should I try to incorporate. There are 3 different folders on the floppy. One is nvidia, one is something like sil5 and the other is sil. I just tried to incorporate all of them and hopefully it will work. The only floppy drive I have is usb and windows does not see it as drive 'a' I am trying to do a clean win xp install and I want to setup a raid o array using 2 sata drives. Thanks a lot guys.

--EJM

It depends on what controller you want to set up your RAID array.

If you're goin' for the nVidia controller you must put the .inf from the nvidia folder (there are 2 drivers).

If you're goin' for the Silicon Image RAID put the .inf from the sil5 folder.

If you just want to use sata drives with no raid on the silicon image chip... just put the sil folder.

If you put more than one driver using nlite... it won't work.

I think I found it. It's in the folder named 'silicon'. The header on the file says silicon image sata raid driver. I assume thats correct. I tried to integrate all of the drivers from the floppy and it didnt work, like you said. I did it before I read your reply.

Thank You. I'm trying to integrate just that one.

--ejm

I tried to incorporate just the one folder named 'silicon' and it still did not work. POS. I guess I will go out on labor day and try to find a regular floppy drive to use to install raid 0 sata. I cant believe we still use floppys. I haven't used one for years.

Thank You for your suggestion.

--ejm

did you have any luck slipstreaming the raid drivers using nlite? i'd like to the same and am looking for someone that's had success. i do know i want to use the nvidia raid chipset, so it makes it obvious which folder to choose, but i'm unclear on the nlite process. there's two choices with inserting drivers: single driver or folder list (i think). i'm not in front of my machine right now, but i remember things getting more confusing after that. the good news is i've got my machine up and running using the standard F6 function during install, so i know the disk is good. my problem is just figuring out how to configure nlite to incorprate the drivers into windows.