Sign in to follow this  
shingo

How do I know my current bios version?

How do I know my current bios version? Is there any way to know the version in windows?

I always forget about that since it doesn't work for me. I have the Help/Support Service disabled.

Guest caffeinejunkie

You also cant forget about turning off your bios splash screen and it will be the number in the bottom left corner.

Start- Programs- accessories- System tools- System information,

Cool. I didn’t know you could find that info there.

The other way to do it is to go into the BIOS, turn off the splash screen, then the next time your computer boots, it will be the number in the lower left hand corner. Click on the Pause button so it will stay on the screen as long as you want it to. If you are quick enough, you can click on the pause button the instant the splash screen starts to disappear, and it will be in the lower left hand corner. A good test of your reflex time. With the splash screen turned on, it goes by too fast to read.

The BIOS Version/Date listed in System Information IS NOT the BIOS version info you need.

You need the BIOS Message data string which is not available in System Information.

You also cant forget about turning off your bios splash screen and it will be the number in the bottom left corner.

I can completely forget about it as I have no need to view it as the system is booting.

The BIOS Version/Date listed in System Information IS NOT the BIOS version info you need.

You need the BIOS Message data string which is not available in System Information.

Ok, I’m confused. The date listed in System Info is the same date I see when I turn off the LanParty splash screen, and is also the date I have listed in my sig.

What is “BIOS Message data string? A search on that in this forum brings up your post in this thread, and nothing else.

Is there any way to know the version in windows?

In Windows?