Sign in to follow this  
edjahman

dfi rma and board repair experience

I live about 5 miles from DFI, here in CA. I recently took my LP sli-dr in and they repaired it for me. I'm kinda nervous about dropping my x2-4800 or even my new opteron with a great stepping in it. Has anyone out there had a mobo repaired by dfi?? Would you guys trust it?? It killed my 3700 SD when it went, which sucked bad enough.

Thank You.

--EJM

PC Power and Cooling Quad SLI 1KW PSU

Playah, from his signature. The server version is not SLi rated unless they have changed in the last 2 weeks and I doubt SLi for a server version anyway.

RGone...:confused:

Playah, from his signature. The server version is not SLi rated unless they have changed in the last 2 weeks and I doubt SLi for a server version anyway.

RGone...:confused:

Yeah that's what I was thinking too,but was just remembering this,

The PC P&C 1KW "Graphics" version PSU's have a wiring problem & can NOT be recommended at this time.

The "Server" version has tested OK.

You know how everybody has to blame the MB 1st when anything goes wrong,instead of the system integrator

I heard that shett man fore shore. I think he is on the Original series board and not the Expert or Venus series with their different voltage reg circuits. Probably the difference or even he is already aware of the different connection setup. Then again we don't want to rock the boat to wildly or the rest will have sebenty zillion, oh my gawd what ifs. Heheheeh.

Me jus freeken RGone...:confused:

You know how everybody has to blame the MB 1st when anything goes wrong,instead of the system integrator

I live about 5 miles from DFI, here in CA. I recently took my LP sli-dr in and they repaired it for me. I'm kinda nervous about dropping my x2-4800 or even my new opteron with a great stepping in it. Has anyone out there had a mobo repaired by dfi?? Would you guys trust it?? It killed my 3700 SD when it went, which sucked bad enough.

Thank You.

--EJM

I had a board repaired by them (RMA) -- worked fine when I got it back.

The board works fine with the pc power and cooling psu ever since it was 'fixed'. I think something was wrong with it when I was having those issues with the 1 kw psu. It works with all of the mobo plugs plugged in. Now all I need to do is get that damn raid 0 working, but thats another story.

They said that they replaced the nf4 chip and did some work on the pwm circuitry. I wonder why the board was still working before the repairs and causing those problems with that psu?? At least when it went, it took out my SD 3700 and not my x2-4800 or my new opteron 165 with the killer stepping. The mystery continues.

--EJM