Sign in to follow this  
Freezer26

OCZ600ADJSLI and OCZ700GXSSLI ....differences?

Well I have the OCZ 600 ADJ coming, will be here on Tuesday from the Egg's now, slow butt shipping. Anyways, I have been wondering why the 700GXS is being reccomended, not necesarily over the 600ADJ, but being #1 on alot of peeps list. I know it has the extra 2 12v plugs, but the amps are lower on the 12v rail than the 600ADJ. Not by much but still lower. My reason for getting the 600ADJ was just that, it's adjustable. I won't get anything but an OCZ so please tell me your opinions on both. Those that have one or the other or both, please indulge me. Just want to know why the 700 is recommended more, watts? amps? plugs? or just cuz it has 'game' in the name (lol). I've read reviews for both and noone seems to be knocking either, not that anyone would after all, it is OCZ. As a matter of fact the 600ADJ isn't even on the recommended list at all, (that I can see/find).

EDIT: Link to both of them @ the Egg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductCompa...N82E16817341002

TIA

-Freez

the amps are not lower on the 700w...there are 4 @ 18A each...thats a lot of amps

the 600w is a great psu, but the GX psu's are newer and even better, that is why they are recommended above all others.

Also read the recommended psu thread's first post to see that the GX psu's are the #1 recommended and the ADJ versions (Powerstreams) are still great, but the 600w ADJ nor 520w ADJ is recommended for the new X1900 Crossfire and 7900 SLI setups.

the amps are not lower on the 700w...there are 4 @ 18A each...thats a lot of amps

the 600w is a great psu, but the GX psu's are newer and even better, that is why they are recommended above all others.

Also read the recommended psu thread's first post to see that the GX psu's are the #1 recommended and the ADJ versions (Powerstreams) are still great, but the 600w ADJ nor 520w ADJ is recommended for the new X1900 Crossfire and 7900 SLI setups.

Yea, but that is for each line, you arent using all those amps on one line are you? Meaning, if you are plugging in one video card you aren't utilizing 18 x 4 = 72Amps for that one thing right? Guess I just don't understand how that works really. 18A is 18A. That doesnt make sense, (to me).

-Freez

The OCZ GXS 600W/700W is recommended for ALL SIL/Crossfire.

The OCZ PowerStream 600W does fine with 1 GPU, but does not do as well with SLI/Crossfire.

The OCZ PowerStream 520W is IMO, one of the best PSU's available for non-SLI/Crossfire systems.

Recommendations:

SLI/Crossfire = OCZ GXS 600W/700W

non-SLI/Crossfire = OCZ PowerStream 520W

Good Luck,

Dave :)

The OCZ GXS 600W/700W is recommended for ALL SIL/Crossfire.

The OCZ PowerStream 600W does fine with 1 GPU, but does not do as well with SLI/Crossfire.

The OCZ PowerStream 520W is IMO, one of the best PSU's available for non-SLI/Crossfire systems.

Recommendations:

SLI/Crossfire = OCZ GXS 600W/700W

non-SLI/Crossfire = OCZ PowerStream 520W

Good Luck,

Dave :)

Well that doesnt answer my question. I see nothing that makes the GXS700 better than the 600ADJ. So until it gets explained I guess I'll be sticking with the one I got. All your doing is recommmending something that has already been recommende before. If you read the title of my post I asked for the DIFFERENCES. 20A to me is better than 18A. YAY 18A x 4, well since I wont be using all 4 plugs, what does it do for me? Now, since I know what you guys recommend, and have known what you guys recommend, please don't tell me what you recommend again, that is not the reason for this post.

EDIT: I guess ultimately what I am asking, is do you just add all 4 or 2 12V rails up? Meaning, the GXS has 4 x 18A, so does that mean it is 72A? Like the one I ordered, does it mean that it is 40A, 2 x 20A? Overall that is my question. If it does mean that, which wouldn't make sense to me, if you are adding them up why wouldn't there be just 1 x 12V rail @ 72A or 40A etc etc.??

-Freez

Each rail is seperate they can't be added together. PC&P is one of the few PSU makers that actually have 1 rail +12v with > 60 volts. but the price is up there :)

The GXS is alot better than the 600 one imo

Hope that helps

Well that doesnt answer my question. I see nothing that makes the GXS700 better than the 600ADJ. So until it gets explained I guess I'll be sticking with the one I got. All your doing is recommmending something that has already been recommende before. If you read the title of my post I asked for the DIFFERENCES. 20A to me is better than 18A. YAY 18A x 4, well since I wont be using all 4 plugs, what does it do for me? Now, since I know what you guys recommend, and have known what you guys recommend, please don't tell me what you recommend again, that is not the reason for this post.

EDIT: I guess ultimately what I am asking, is do you just add all 4 or 2 12V rails up? Meaning, the GXS has 4 x 18A, so does that mean it is 72A? Like the one I ordered, does it mean that it is 40A, 2 x 20A? Overall that is my question. If it does mean that, which wouldn't make sense to me, if you are adding them up why wouldn't there be just 1 x 12V rail @ 72A or 40A etc etc.??

-Freez

From your attitude & questions, here is the best answer I can give.

In order to teach you PSU 201, you first need to pass PSU 101, so please read & study the following:

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/show...ad.php?t=136602

http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/article...ly_Guide_1.html

Dave

From your attitude & questions, here is the best answer I can give.

In order to teach you PSU 201, you first need to pass PSU 101, so please read & study the following:

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/show...ad.php?t=136602

http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/article...ly_Guide_1.html

Dave

Attitude? No, I just don't like you treating me like it's just another PSU thread, maybe it is to you, but I wanted to know exactly what that meant. Just forget it, I'll go somewhere else. My question can't be any more clear, and all your doing is sending me links I've already looked at.

I was here long before you got the Mr. PSU tag on you.

@Hochi: Thanks man, but now you are talking volts, I'm lost. For a $10 difference I guess I'll just go withy the GXS and be done with it, I was just trying to prevent another 2 weeks of Newegg shipping again. think I'm done ordering from them anyweys until they can fix it.

-Freez

That was a typo, he meant amps. I don't think you could put anything on a 12v rail if it hit 60+ volts :P.

Yea, I was thinking that myself after my post. I just ordered the GXS a few minutes ago, so should have that here by end of week. I'm gonna try the 600 out though to see the difference hands on. I'll be going with dual 7800GT's here shortly, if not the 79's, give this comp to my woman. She's just on some old HP that goes about 1 mile a day.

-Freez

Attitude? No, I just don't like you treating me like it's just another PSU thread, maybe it is to you, but I wanted to know exactly what that meant. Just forget it, I'll go somewhere else. My question can't be any more clear, and all your doing is sending me links I've already looked at.

I was here long before you got the Mr. PSU tag on you.

@Hochi: Thanks man, but now you are talking volts, I'm lost. For a $10 difference I guess I'll just go withy the GXS and be done with it, I was just trying to prevent another 2 weeks of Newegg shipping again. think I'm done ordering from them anyweys until they can fix it.

-Freez

don't come in here with a nasty little attitude because someone didn't explain it to your exact liking when in the first place you could have easily found the difference yourself with a little searching, something that you preached to others at one time in this forum.

If you can't learn how to understand that you do indeed have an attitude about what David has told you, then you should go post elsewhere, as we don't have time to coddle or babysit anyone, especially not a member who has been around as long as you have and have been a productive member when you were here.

David's forte is psu's, and you already recognize that so don't grief him about his answer to you which is the exact answer you would have received from me....read the forum. Search the forum. We've answered these questions so many times. As always, Google is your friend.

If you don't like MY attitude then I understand, but it changes nothing about the way I think you are acting.

I was here LONG before you ever even thought of coming to this place.