Frequent crashes/blue screen.

Guest anewb ie

Guest anewb ie

Oh. I am sure - as i said if I run my favorite game with just stick b - it dies after 10 or 15 minutes. With stick a it can run for hours and hours (as well as prime95). I've flip back and forth twice with both warm and cold system to make sure - repeatable experience with both the game and prime95 on both sticks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem, my system reboots after about an hour. My CPU temp is 39, Northbridge is about 47-49. It was 55 before, but I just raised the RPM of the chipset FAN.

I unchecked automatic restart so when it happens again I will post the error code. I haven't tested the sticks seperatly with MemTest. I do have v3.2 on a CD.

I put the timings on default and the vdimm on 2.7v. Command per Clock is enabled. That's all I changed in the BIOS.

Ok. I'll do that.

Thanks for you fast reply. I'll edit this post with the result.

// Edit

It hasn't crashed in a while, but sometimes file transfer times between a USB HD and the computer are a little slow. I don't think it's very stable yet. I'll run MemTest the next time it crashes. Which I hope will be never. :P In that case I'll run it anyway. :)

// Edit 2

Only the front USB ports are slow. Might be because it's v1.1. The 6 rear ports are fast as lightning. :) And it didn't crash yet either. :)

Guest anewb ie

Fyi: gskill replaced my memory (cost me $6 in shipping) but the new memory runs flawless and my problem was bad memory (ran for days on 1 gig from another system with no errors).

With regards to usb - there are known bios bugs in nf4 boards that have been fixed in recent versions (not sure hwihc version of dfi bios fixes it for dfi - as I do not use usb).

I let the computer download a torrent and update my steam games over night, but when I woke up in the morning.. BSOD! The error:

Technical Information:

*** Stop: 0X0000008E (0XC000001D, 0XB7A3F3AA, 0XBACC7C08, 0X00000000)

*** tcpip.sys - adress B7A3F3AA base at B7A3C000, Datestamp 41107ECF

It looked like this. I had the same thing about an hour before, but I forgot to write down the code.

Is it usefull to update the BIOS from files on this page. By the way, it sounds like DiamondFlash Image is easier, but is it better? What about this 'WinFlash' they talk about here? Sounds ever easier.

Boogeyman,

Right firstly have you run Memtest on your RAM? Tests 5 and then 8 for at least 10 - 15 passes should do it.

Also what settings are you currently running? Can you post details like the OCDB entries please.

Secondly regards the BIOS, that webpage gives me a JavaScript error and your best bet if you want to update the BIOs is to use Tmod's CD (rly easy to do, boot from CD - pick BIOS - install and away you go)

Also I would not flash the BIOS until you get to the root of your BSOD tho first.

r4z

Right firstly have you run Memtest on your RAM?

No, I'll do that when I get home.

what settings are you currently running? Can you post details like the OCDB entries please.
OCDB? Well, the only thing I've changed is settings the vdimm on 2.7v and set the latency timings on 2-3-2-6 (stock speeds). It still runs DDR400 (200MHz).

that webpage gives me a JavaScript error

Yeah, I get the error too. They were pages from the DFI website with download links to BIOS files. But like you said, might be a better idea to find out what it causing the BSOD.

// Edit

Ok, I ran MemTest over night. The results: (Where I stopped)

Pass 16, Pass, 5%, Test 63%, Test #3.

Errors: 160768

ECC Erros: 0

but when I look at 'C > Error Summary' I get the following results:

Test #5: 29965

Test #7: 222

Test #8: 1

Running at 200MHz, CAS: 2-3-2-6.

Now, you said that test 5 through 8 is the heaviest, which might be correct, because the only time it crashed is when I play games like Call of Duty 2 or Battlefield 2. Which are pretty heavy games imo. I can return it for this RAM: http://www.mushkin.com/doc/products/memory_detail.asp?id=273 with a little extra money off course. But that's the only Mushkin RAM they have in stock. And if they have to order this RAM again, it will take two weeks. This will only take like 3 days to get.

OK, have you tried settig the latencies to something slightly looser and rerunning Memtest 5 & 8 again? I know they are the default latencies but, if they are error free at looser latencies then you can try to up the FSB to compensate.

Try 3-3-3-8 fo starters although IMO I would RMA and get the Redlines, in the end they will clock higher and will perform far better than the HP3200's you have at the moment. They will scale a lot better with any CPU OC that you may wish to perform. In effect they will run 1/1 with a 250FSB which would put your CPU @ 2.75Ghz (if it will OC that high - which it should tbh)

r4z