Sign in to follow this  
aurora

AMD Opty 165

Hi

I have sold my X2 4600, and just ordered myself a opty 165, the only thing I know its a OSA165CDBOX. According to the AMD site its a 110w cpu & E6 revision.

Generally how do these overclock, even on bad steppings ?

Anywhere from a couple of hundred MHz to past 3.0. No way of even guessing without stepping info.

I sold my X2 3800 to buy the opty165 too

Very happy with the results...

Reached 2.6100mhz (290X9) on 1,45V

idle temps 34C and load 46C at 25C ambient temperature

I know I could have pushed to 2,7, but it required a lot more voltage to be worth the trouble....

I Got my Opty 165 This morning, and the stepping I got was;

CCBWE 0601UPMW, has anyone had experience with this stepping on how it clocks ?

I Got my Opty 165 This morning, and the stepping I got was;

CCBWE 0601UPMW, has anyone had experience with this stepping on how it clocks ?

I have a CCBWE 0551VPMW and it clocks for shitte. 2.7 @ 1.55, suicides at 2.8+ and 1.71 volts... and that wasn't stable, or atleast not SP2004 stable. It would play Oblivion though. Your's may be better as it is a newer date.

how would i find out if its a San diego or a denmark, perhaps if i were to use cpuz ??

... Doh!!!

Actually I think cpuz shows it wrong but they may have fixed that by now...

Unfortunately those first two weeks of 06 seemed to be about bottom of the barrel along with 0551 (mine needs 1.45+101.4 at 2660 for dual-prime) and 0607 (BW). The 0610 and newer sporting the BB memory controller are the ones to shoot for. The older classics are nearly impossible to find now (0550VPMW, CCB1E 0608).

Yehawww 0550 here!!!

Also mine shows as a Denmark Core? not Toledo

Yeah the 0551 are known to top @ 2.8Ghz and thats the good ones, look here for popular steppings and there respective clock speeds.

Couldn't see your stepping there tho' Aurora so, maybe worth a look through some of the recent OC threads there and here at DFI

P.S. Nice too see your stilll in the game too & joining the Opty 165 set also...:)

Edit : Had a quick browse and looks like they will do 2.8/2.9 on High Volts, 1.65V area - you might get lucky and get a GGG with no IHS and H2o

CCBWE are generally not the best 165's, but they do allow for more extreme cooling since the BW mem controller isnt coldugged as bad as the others. Still your performance will most likely be enough running at 'only' 2.6Ghz.

If youre shooting for 3ghz though get phase or a CCB1E/CCBBE stepping from a good week.