Is it Just BF2 being BF2?

watsonte

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so instead of creating a new thread, considering its still all related to the original topic, I thought I would share my new findings and the very very odd BF2 "issue" that has come about....

I figured I would give new drivers and the new patch all a clean install so after cleaning out the drivers and cleaning out all of BF2 I reinstalled everything fresh and new and install the big 1.4 patch....

It has worked now for over an hour....normally the point in which things start to break down and click click boom...but this time that didnt happen....

It works! I think...!? But then again it doesnt....I decided to then after playing for a little over an hour to go ahead and retest somethings...the overclock I have in my sig was well over 24hrs prime stable (I wish I saved the screen shot) and all was well prior to the install of BF2 and new drivers...

Now when I run Prime95 it fails within minutes...atleast one core does, and the other either keeps going forever or fails withint about 20 minutes...maybe an hour...

Nothing has been changed since the 24hr test, nothing...I havent even opened the case...

So I am at a loss, I know overclocks begin to fade over time, but not over a time period of 36hrs...I have decided against changing any of my original settings at this point and am currently running memtest to see if perhaps my corsair has died....

In addition to one core failing on Prime, its never the same core, it seems as if it alternates...

I dont understand what is happening...BF2 runs for over an hour stable no issue, and yet Prime swears the overclock has taken a turn for the worst....also note, other games apps 3dmark(s) and so on all test fine aswell....is Prime lying to me...am I lying to myself in thinking its still stable or is this the case of the "stable overclock" that doesnt pass Prime95?

Hmm, could the cpu... or another component like the motherboard or psu, become weaker since the last Prime95 test?

If CPU was weak only one core should be failing... "the one on the right", hehe. Seriously, could it be the PSU or motherboard???? I think its too much hardware for a single 700w psu... my setup is similar and I have a second 400w to power up all the gadgets and optical drives and fans, and I still wouldn't be suprised my rig needed more power.

Hmm, could the cpu... or another component like the motherboard or psu, become weaker since the last Prime95 test?

If CPU was weak only one core should be failing... "the one on the right", hehe. Seriously, could it be the PSU or motherboard???? I think its too much hardware for a single 700w psu... my setup is similar and I have a second 400w to power up all the gadgets and optical drives and fans, and I still wouldn't be suprised my rig needed more power.

Yeah I am looking into getting an 850W PSU soon...how soon I dont know but soon...