Is it Just BF2 being BF2?

watsonte

watsonte

I also have never had a PC shutdown with BF2, I did experience a reboot once, I don't know if you are overclocking but I've read on a BF2 Forum, this game is very sensitive to overclocking. just a thought.

Hope 1.4 gets your proble fixed.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watsonte

I also have never had a PC shutdown with BF2, I did experience a reboot once, I don't know if you are overclocking but I've read on a BF2 Forum, this game is very sensitive to overclocking. just a thought.

Hope 1.4 gets your proble fixed.

Yeah, I dont know what the deal is, but overclocked or not it seems to still crash...i just hope this some how fixes it enough such that I dont have to deal with the complete shutdown of my computer, hell I would take CTD if thats all it was....but either way...I will find a solution....

Have you tried each of your video cards on their own, do they both cause the same kind of crash?

Well thats one thing that I have been unable to do, I am debating as to what the best route would be to test the cards, however, I would prefer to not break down my water cooling and then change over to air cooling and then find that they do indeed work or not work....and then RMA and rebuild and rebuild.....and RMA and RMA....

As of right now I can only test the top card with SLI disabled....but the bottom card well I cant do much to test it without breaking down the cooling loop...

Not yet, not for one game not working properly....

But If I see this issue in other games, yes I will test single cards....

I know its each to their own but why the allure to Battle Field2 ? The commute to get to the action reminds me of when I was in the Union and haveing to travel 2 hrs to get to a job!

I love games in which I get to kill people, not Aliens or animals or super humans...but "real" combat is something I have always enjoyed, the thrill of running up to a tank and APC tossing C4 as fast as you can only to blow yourself up before you even get to a tank....

Day of Defeat had taken BF2s place for a little while but I lost interest after not being able to fly choppers or blow up tanks....and now well 2142? I dont care for Mechs or Cyborgs or any of the future BS....put me in the Jungle or the Middle East with an M-16 and some C4 and I am set for hours....

I dont know what it is...but like W.o.W (for most addicted gamers)....its addicting....I just like to kill things and blow stuff up and fly choppers around destroying things....

So I will do anything and everything possible to get the damn thing working....its sad I know but its my one addiction...and I love it....

I'm w/ya 100% on that watsonte,

I was totally addicted to the Ghost Recon series w/all the mods,I also stayed up all night many times playing UT2004 online,even the Max Payne series brings back fond memories.

There is just something deeply satisfying about blowing away real humans or laying waste to 'em.....er ..ehm... in games I mean:)

Hmm, what about this: delete the shaders folder and let the game make a clean new one again ??

Hmm, I can't find the shaders folder at My Documents/Battlefield 2 anymore... maybe new versions relocated it. I just remember the Tweaking Guide site recomended deleting it manually... maybe it can help.

Hmm, what about this: delete the shaders folder and let the game make a clean new one again ??

Hmm, I can't find the shaders folder at My Documents/Battlefield 2 anymore... maybe new versions relocated it. I just remember the Tweaking Guide site recomended deleting it manually... maybe it can help.

Work later....right now I must go watch some Baseball...

Cincinnati Reds....if they could only win....

Hmm, I can't find the shaders folder at My Documents/Battlefield 2

Hmmmm......should be under %dir:/user name/My Documents/Battlefield 2/mods/bf2/cache

That's were the shader file should be. Haven't patched it yet.