Need Recommendations for 1gig DDR500 kit

carholmes

Right now, as you can see in my sig, i don't have the greatest memory, sure thier fine but I was hoping for more powerfull ddr. I've been looking around for a ddr500 1gig (2x512) and there doesn't seem to be alot of selection out there at places like newegg and zipzoomfly any more. Can anyone recommend a decent set for a decent price. If I do find something that you recomend it will probably be at ebay. I'm just wondering what brand/model i should shot for.

I am thinking about getting Centon Advanced DDR500 1 gig kit (2x512), since i wouldn't mind running at high volts, plus its only $100.

Another possiblity is OCZ Gold 1gig kit OCZ5001024ELDCGER2-K

If anybody has any other suggestions please tell me. Thanks

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wen i went to the Gskill site the only PC4000 hz were a single 1gig stick and a 2gig kit, how would a single gig stick perform compared to 2 512mb sticks?

I also saw F1-4000PHU2-1GBLA (512MB x 2) how do these perform(googled it could'nt find alot)

I'd definately go with 2GB of RAM... most (as in 95%) of the people around here have 2GB.

F.E.A.R., BF2, Obvlivion, etc. have all been known to use more than 1GB.

It doesn't cost as much as it used to and IMO is worth it (I noticed a difference)

You can't go wrong with anything from OCZ, G.Skill, Mushkin, etc.

Everyone here has 2 GB of RAM, an Opteron 165 that is clocked to 3.0 and an OCZ GameXtreme 700 w PSU !!!

:rolleyes: ( I am kidding)

But, I agree, a 2 GB kit would be better for a gamer like you. The thing is, the 2 gb kits are becoming hard to find.