976X/G Front Audio (EAR & MIC) connection problem

Hi everyone. This is my first build and im having some difficulties.

I just recently got my infinity 975X/G. My Case is a Thermaltake Soprano. The problem is I cant quite understand how to connect the ear and mic case panel cables to the designated pins on the mobo.

The cables I have from the case are:

EAR L

EAR R

GROUND

MIC IN

MIC-VCC

RETURN L

RETURN R

The pins on the motherboard are:

GND

Presense Signal

Port1 sense-1 return

Key

Port2 sense-2 return

Port1L

Port1R

Port2R

Front-sense

Port2L

Thank you for helping

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone. This is my first build and im having some difficulties.

I just recently got my infinity 975X/G. My Case is a Thermaltake Soprano. The problem is I cant quite understand how to connect the ear and mic case panel cables to the designated pins on the mobo.

I have the same problem with an Antec P180 case. I have connected the actual audio outputs correctly, what I'm wondering is if there's a need for the "presence" pin to be pulled low for the mobo to recognize something's hooked up, or to do something with the jack sense?

Has anyone successfully gotten the front panel connectors to work? If so, can you outline what you did?

I have had trouble with my new build too. My case had a front panel attachment that has two usb ports and a mic/headphone sound port. The DFI motherboard manual didnt match my case's front panel connector's tags. I looked on google and found this http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/93 and/or here might be better http://www.amptron.com/html/fpaudiopinout.html it actually works now. I am now able to have my headset connect from my front panel and connect my digital camera in the usb port.

for mine i did this

mic(red)---ground(flat black)

mic powe(yellow)r---nothing

ear l(green)---ear l(black)

nothing---no pin

ear r(orange)---ear r(brown)

*edited by me because i adjusted the wire colors. i'm not sure if i even have them correct on my mobo but i hear through my headset perfectly with my realtek 3d audio demo onboard sound properties.

*my first post. HI