Sign in to follow this  
ROcHE

Speedfan 4.29 temp sensors on Ultra-D?

Can someone helps identifying the sensors?

speedfan429.jpg

Im sorry, i cant help you with the labels, i havent used that program since i got my DFI. What i want to ask though, is have you ever tried MBM5 (Motherboard Monitor 5)? soundx98 has a great thread on the program and how to set it up for all NF4 boards. I installed it on my NF4 Ultra-D and everything was nicely labelled (i had to change a few, but nothing major and the labels are easy to change). Here is a LINK to the thread if you wanna give it a try. Even though the Ultra-D isnt show as supported by the program, if you follow the instructions, you wont have any problems.

Im sorry, i cant help you with the labels, i havent used that program since i got my DFI. What i want to ask though, is have you ever tried MBM5 (Motherboard Monitor 5)? soundx98 has a great thread on the program and how to set it up for all NF4 boards. I installed it on my NF4 Ultra-D and everything was nicely labelled (i had to change a few, but nothing major and the labels are easy to change). Here is a LINK to the thread if you wanna give it a try. Even though the Ultra-D isnt show as supported by the program, if you follow the instructions, you wont have any problems.

Thank for your input about MBM5. I did use it in the past but I prefer Speedfan. I went from version 4.28 to 4.29 and I just want to make sure about my sensors.

What type of chipset fan do you have on your board? Did you swap it out with the Evercool? From your pic, i would say that temp1 = CPU, temp2 = chipset, temp3 = PWM. Even though you prefer speedfan, the easiest way of figuring it out i think would be to install mbm5 with the data file provided by soundx98, see what the temps on the labeled sensors are, and match them up to the ones in speedfan.

What type of chipset fan do you have on your board? Did you swap it out with the Evercool? From your pic, i would say that temp1 = CPU, temp2 = chipset, temp3 = PWM. Even though you prefer speedfan, the easiest way of figuring it out i think would be to install mbm5 with the data file provided by soundx98, see what the temps on the labeled sensors are, and match them up to the ones in speedfan.

4.29 read the temp of BOTH cores (biggest difference with older versions).

So far I think that Temp1 is one of the cores (or an average of both), temp 2 is PWM and temp3 is chipset.

There is a second temp1 and also a "core" temp which *I think* is the second core.

I've been wondering about some of the things in the new speedfan a bit myself as well. As far as I can tell Temp1: is CPU temp through MB, Temp2: is Chipset (could be PWM as both of mine operate at very similar temps) and Temp3: is PWM. I know my chipset runs a bit hotter than my PWM from the bios screens and my temp2 is a lil higher than my temp3 so that's why I say that.

I don't have a clue what the 2nd Temp1 is but mine reads at 40c as well so it may just not be connected to anything.

As for "Core" I only have a single core cpu and I get a different reading on that from my Temp1. So Speedfan may also be reading the cpu temp directly through the CPU instead of through the bios. Which means my bios is reading my cpu temp low by around 11c if that theory is right. As my Temp1 is reading 25 and my Core is reading 36. If that's the case I'm kind of worried...

For the "Core" listing of device in the config it's "AMD K8" so that might be a true reading from the cpu not through the MB, and the 2nd temp1 is listed as "ACPI" so I have no idea what that would monitor.