DFI Infinity 975x - Suggestions for the next bios

Been using the 975x over the last week or so and a few things jumped out at me as must haves for the next official bios...so thought i would post them in the hope that they reach the bios coders.

1) Make multipliers above 11x available on the Core2 X6800

2) Support for the Geforce 7950GX2

It would also be nice to be able to overclock the board at decent levels when DDR2-667 is selected. I always have to use DDR2-400 when overclocking to the same levels as my Badaxe (380mhz fsb) and it kills performance.

Thanks

Veridian,

above you say that you wish for 7950 BIOS support on the Infinity 975, but on yout comp specs you have them both running.

does the card run on that board using the latest BIOS???

i ask because i am in the process of getting the infinity975 and i have the 7950.

thank mate.

Ben

Well just got my board and man am i impressed. Not quite as impressed as i was with the lanparty NF4 but i still made an effortless 400Fsb using the current bios (731).

Heard that this is gonna improve with the lates bios too so i am happy as pie....

Well a very happy pie...

I do have a few sugestions though.

Some downward multipliers of Non extreme editions would be nice (like asus have done)

In built Mem test (ala DFI Lanparty NF4)

Mem timings as seen in Oskar 816 bios

Thanks for the awsome board DFI

I)ickie

i have been using the 7950 on my 975 x/g with no problems

Interesting, on my system the performance of the 7950 isnt as good as boards which officially support it. Additionally i dont remember seeing the system install the pci bridge on the DFI board when i installed it (probably the reason its not performing as well as expected)

Apart from the performance which is less than i expect from the card i also have issues where the board wont post when i have the 7950 installed. instead what i need to do is hit power...then wait until the post fails and hit reset. Usually then it posts. This is the same symptom i've had on other boards which dont officially appear on the NV 7950 support site.

http://www.nvidia.com/content/geforce_gx2_sbios/us.asp

Hi,

Seeing as I am stuck at a paltry 11x320 (no matter what Ram settings I use) I could do with the multipliers above 11 being available at least then I can max out the chip lol ... Its like having an Aston Martin DB9 but running it like a Fiat Panda :P

Regards