tooth extraction

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth cut out of my jaw line. I have a small mouth and they would have dorked the rest of my teeth. Needless to say they put me under, i woke up 1.5 hours later in pain. The only good part was the vicodin. I had that done 5 years ago.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurt me too. :D Did they give you a local or put you under?

nope just a local, and to make it worse the dr said he had to cut it in half then pull it out in separate pieces because it was partially cover by some of my gum. I got in the seat at about 3:15 and didn't leave until around 5:20. But I'm just gald I finally got it done.

nope just a local, and to make it worse the dr said he had to cut it in half then pull it out in separate pieces because it was partially cover by some of my gum. I got in the seat at about 3:15 and didn't leave until around 5:20. But I'm just gald I finally got it done.

They knocked me out cold...I was kinda worried becuase when I talked to the doctor beforehand...he didn't really speak English well at all and had one of the nurses translate some stuff for him.

And then they jammed a needle in my arm, and I fell asleep. I need to get some of that stuff every night...

had a tooth pulled today, 2nd from the wisdom tooth.....my jaw hurts but its the sweet pain of relief and I love it.

by this year, i'ved extracted 1 teeth, pastes 3 holes on my teeth, i feel glad that now i am differs to any monkeys that available in this world..

dont u think so??

I think I have you all beat. When I was young, I never took care of my teeth. I ignored them. Therefore, I have a lot of fillings, and am missing some teeth. My current dentist has a sign in his office that says “Ignore your teeth, and they’ll go away”. In my mid 30's, I had a couple of teeth pulled. The worst part was getting used to the space that was left behind.

Now for the main extraction day. My teeth were so bad in my mid 20's, that I broke one while eating bacon at breakfast one morning. It didn’t hurt, so I didn’t go to the dentist. Over the next few weeks/months more of the tooth broke off till there was nothing left above the gum line. Still no pain, just an empty space where the tooth was. Another tooth starting giving me problems, and I went to the dentist. He said it needed pulling. He also said that all 4 of my wisdom teeth should come out also, and while he’s in there, that broken tooth should come out too.

So, appointment made, I went to the dentist for 6 extractions. Put me in a chair with an extra wide arm on the left side, so my arm with the needle in it wouldn’t fall off the chair. The needle was attached to a tube that ran up to a bag with some clear fluid in it. The nurse told me it should start taking effect very soon. I said I feel nothing. I was then approached from behind with a mask that covered my nose. Last thing I remember was having some things stuck in my mouth to hold it open while I had my mouth open while I was talking. A few seconds later, I was shaken awake by the nurse saying it was all over. I looked up at the nurse thru what looked like looking out of a round fish bowl, and don’t know if I said anything, but I felt I did. Something like “It’s over??” Friends drove me home with a bag of drugs. I used one pill, didn’t like the reaction, and didn’t take any more of them. No aspirin either. Once the anesthetic wore off, I really had no pain, and threw the pain pills away without using them.

I had 6 teeth pulled at the same time. 4 wisdom teeth, the one that was giving me problems, and the dead broken one that they had to surgically dig out, and stitch up. Went back in a week to get the stitches out.

hey guys I just had to let everyone now that I just had one of my wisdom teeth pulled and lets just say ouch.

Hope you feel better soon. I know how it is I had all 4 impacted wisdom teeth cut out and pulled at once. I was awake during it. Did they give you meds to take?

Feel better soon :)

*shudder*

I remember all too well going into the hospital to have my 4 impacted wisdom teeth out. They had to cut portions of jaw bone out on both sides ,top and bottom, so they could get the dang things out. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy to be honest! :eek:

My wisdom teeth were perfectly aligned, making them just like an ordinary extraction. Slice, yank, stitch, slice, yank, stitch, slice, yank, stitch, slice, yank, stitch and it was done in under 2 hours with just a local. I think I used one of the good pain pills that the dentist gave me, and that was right after he was done, in a "just in case" maneuver.

My sister had chipped her ankle bone on a pogo stick the night before. I think her weekend of recuperation was worse than mine was.

I feel your pain… Hope you feel better soon.

I had 3 giant wisdom teeth pulled at age 36, they say it’s worse the older you get and I have to believe them.

Yeah, the same thing goes for tonsils. I know a guy who had his tonsils removed in his mid thirties. During surgery, the doctor had to elevate himself on something in order to get more leverage, so he could yank them out. Post surgery, he couldn’t talk for three weeks and his wife loved it.

My current dentist has a sign in his office that says “Ignore your teeth, and they’ll go away”.

LOL. My father in law always told me: “Be true to your teeth, or they will be false to you.”