Infinity RS482 + Component TV-out

Help?

I got this board and im just using the onboard video for it... now it comes wit the component dongle (i might have mistaken it wit composite, but what i meant is the 3-cables, not the 1-cable), so i bought component cables and hook it up to my TV, and it looks AWFUL!

i can plug my lcd monitor in there and it shows just fine, but when i connect my TV into it, goto video (component hdtv is on video 3), i got to boot screen (no O/S installed yet, will do it tonite), and its out of focus! there's line all over and distortion and its moving n stuff... mind u i can still figure out that it is the boot screen (and bios, which si the same thing) as it "vaguely" and blurry shows the black screen wit the white text and blue BIOS screen.... but its totally non-readable and just downright annoying........

i dont have an s-video or composite (whichever, the 1-cable one) to test, and i havent isntalled windows on it yet, but does anybody knows what am i connecting wrong, maybe??

IF the s-video works, is it worth ti to use component or there isnt tat much of a difference?

the TV is Sony Flatron 27".

thank you for the replies :)

ps: going to bios thro the lcd and changing the tvsetting from NTSC to PAL didnt help.....