Strange Boot Problem

Right I'll get straight to my problem, this only started happening yesterday with my nForce 3 chipset. My problem involves cold booting the PC, there will be no audible beep from the speaker and the monitor will stay off but the fans will start spinning as normal. I go to turn it off from the PSU then switch it back on again and it boots up fine. :confused:

I've managed to repeat the process, which all result in being able to boot up fine after powering it down again. I can assure you nothing is wrong with my memory modules, as everything runs fine like it has been for the past three months as well as being stable.

If your wondering no I haven’t overclocked yet I'm still running stock speeds on both my memory modules and my CPU so basically I wonder if the Antec is too blame here?

P.S

Antec PSU / DFI NF3 250gb where purchased back in 2005, but the memory modules where purchased a few months back.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

So it just started happening recently? When you boot up try running MEMTEST86 TEST#5 i think one of your chips on your memory modules might be going bad, not sure yet....

Steps:

Try one stick at a time and run TEST#5 for 30-35 times and switch, if both memory is okay, let me know....

So it just started happening recently? When you boot up try running MEMTEST86 TEST#5 i think one of your chips on your memory modules might be going bad, not sure yet....

Steps:

Try one stick at a time and run TEST#5 for 30-35 times and switch, if both memory is okay, let me know....

No errors :confused:

I wonder if replacing the CMOS battery with a new one would do anything.

Perhas the psu is going. Try reduce the power load by unplugging non-essential kit such as optical drives, second HDD's etc...

Yeah I agree.

Unplug the stuff you don't use much and repeat the procedure. Cold-boot and see if it does the same thing. Not posting and monitor staying dark.

Good Luck.

So I ended up just changing the HT to its default 4x instead of Auto and the Multiplier to 10x since both where on Auto, and it’s seemed to stop. Cold booted fine four times in a row, but if I experience the problem again I'll make sure I reply.