Infinity RS482

wow what a killer board!!

happy/angry_games i sent you a pm with a few quick questions. but it wouldnt go with happy games so i sent it to angry_games

if you get a few minutes see if you canreply.

1)

who do i gotta talk to to get a replacement I/O shield. i sure would like to have one. i tried calling donna but just left a message

*edit* Donna just called me. god she is such a great lady to work with, she always takes care of my needs and makes sure everything runs smoothly.

i wish more people were like here.

someone get me an address so i can send her some flowers. i owe her some anyways from all the other times she's helped me out.

2)

wow. i am so out of it with all the DFI memory settings

im using a 1gig module of OCZ PC4000 Platinum. i do not know what IC's they are using but maybe they are UCCC ??

its rated at 250mhz 3-3-3-8 but the SPD is 3-3-2-8

i am truly lost on all these settings, i used to know all of them by heart but i have forgotten everything! ugh!!!

3)

is there any tweaks or tricks that i should or NEED to set in the bios in order to really make this girl scream

thanks for all your help guys. and once again Happy_games tell donna i said she's the BEST rma rep i have ever had the pleasure of working with. But had to handle a number of RMA's because of my business. she's always been there to help.(i've told her this before but she really is)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also

my cpu temps seem WAY high. 10degc or more.

upon turning on the machine, after being off all day, i instantly went into the bios and the cpu temps read 47c

seems like they always read 47c in the bios.

windows shows similar but temps are alays higher in the bios since the cpu is running wide open. temps get warmer., but less then 20seconds after turning on the machine ? temps are already 47c ? no i think not.

speedfan... ok the temp showing as 'Core' is directly linked to what it calls the K8 probe, so i can only assume thats the cpu core temp. its showing 33deg idle which is much more where the temps should be.

anyone have any thoughts on this ?

Smartguardian is also showing temps way high..

oh dang i forgot the most important part.

voltage check points.

i found the vdimm that was easy.

positive side of the missing CAP right next to the dimms.

voltage runs about 0.03v under what it is set to in the bios.

but vcore nb and sb voltage checks i really need those.

lol this is neogenesis's old board. lol

talking over aim when someone doesnt have aboard anymore is always tuff.

hard to remember exact settings.

i am finding out that i have one bad core thats really limiting my overclock.

even 2.8ghz @ 1.55v fails. i dont like that. its an 0619 Toledo. this thing should be smoking easily at 2.8ghz with less than 1.55v but.. each cpu is different.

Gromacs cores runs forever at less volts but standard dual prime fails right away all the time on 1 core.

ram wise. ugh.. i aint sure so many settings.. so many... O_o

hey,

new reader to this forum. I've had my infinity rs482 board for a little bit, and I'm in the same boat as you. The best I've gotten stable (really easy to get there) is in my sig (2.25ghz bleh, memtest 24 hour stable at 2.6ghz but windows no-go, still playing). When you find out any little tricks I'd love if you could post 'em. I'm still reading the past threads to scour for more little tweaks.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=115459 This is where I am at at the moment, prime stable, and my cpu temps seem high, I tried 2.8 but my Smartguardian temp was reading 55 load while primingso i stopped it and dropped it down. I ordered a 92mm Vantec Tornado case fan and another that mounts from the pci slots via an adapter. My bios shows idling in low 40s or upper 30s even with cool ambient temps and no overclocking, same with speedfan so I am thinking maybe the sensors aren't quite right. Either way I love this board and have a pretty decent overclock IMHO. My chipset gets hot even after adding a 40mm fan and with only one up in voltage. My vcore is at 1.35 and is stable thank god.

thanks for the feedback 'noneed4me2'

same thing for me temps are always way high.

infact what i find more odd than the temps being off is that. if you turn on the system and immediately go into the bios it reads mid 40's. thats impossible as long as you have good contact on the hsf.

im using the XP-90c with a 2500rpm 90mm fan. thats all the xp-90 needs. any faster it doesnt drop temps any.

(i have a 90mm tornado... your in for a real thrill ride with that thing. they are the loudest fan on the market)

also. if you use Everest it shows Core 1 Core 2 and Cpu.. 3 temps for the same cpu.

Core 1 and 2 are in the mid 30's right where they should be but CPU is in the mid 40's.

SmartGuardian is reading that CPU probe which is about 10 or more deg. too high.

i can run SP2004 with Gromacs Core which will heat up your cpu more than anything else, and i can touch the very base of the heatpipes onthe XP-90 and they are only slightly warm. While smart guardian shows the temps in the very low 50's. the cpu isnt that low.

also and this is the most annoying for me.

no matter what i do, i have 1 core of the cpu that fails SP2004 standard Cpu test. Gromacs Core wont fail, 3dmark woint lock up,, nothing else happens. But Prime standard cpu testing fails everytime..

i find that extremely odd. Gromacs uses GFlops where at prime uses FFT's. the gflops is a much much larger chunk beating the cpu, thats one reasn it gets so warm when you use Gromacs.

basically i cant get that 1 core stable at anything but stock volts up to 2.5ghz. anything over that no matter what voltage i use it fails.

but nothing else does....????? why ?/

seems to be a flaw or failure with prime more than anything.

32m Pi will fail also..

this is actually a known issue with some of the Conroe motherboards right now.

fortunately my DS3 does not suffer from it. its something about the latest round of bios's the board makers have put out. Prime and Pi get failures when they never would before.

i find this board to be a real kick arse little board.

unfortunately i dont have a very good mATX psu.

i researched it alot and read review after review and got what i thought was the best mATX but its not im getting MASSIVE droop on the 12v line. clear down to 11.55v and the idle reading is only 11.8 or so..

so i think i am going to have to find someone who can mod this little psu so that the rails dont droop/

right now i am running a 12hour Cpu Burn using cpuburn 1.0.1 which i used to use on my venice chips. since its a dual core you have to run 2 of them at once and it nails 100% cpu usage on both cores.

anyways im still testing and trying to figure things out.

one thing i did notice is that if i use clockgen and run 2.7ghz @ stock everything seems fine.

but if i set that same overclock via the bios. things start getting goofy.

if i have to use clockgen to overclock im not happy .. the bios is so rich with overclocking features and something just isnt right...

i also am using what i believe to be a beta bios.

according to everest it shows it as a bios thats not listed on dfi's list.

but i cant find the beta bios site for this board to see if its listed.

what bios are you guys using ?

Wangerin many thanks for the link.

i figures since the bios had all the goodies in it then modding it owuldnt need to happen so i figured tmod wouldnt be needed.

but im grabbing it now.

think my bios is the 0503 or something like that ill try the 711

To V_Lestat (Iread all the vampire books)thats too bad on the one funky core can you return it? You know I thought it was that I wasn't seating the stock cooler right, so i got a Arctic Cooler Freezer Pro 64 and there is no doubt that its not in contact with AS5 TIM to boot and temps went down by only a couple degrees. THe temps were averaging the same on 2 different opty's and even with the side panel off I got little improvment, at night to prime I set the AC to 69, my temps do drop but if the Smartguadian is 10 degrees off I am looking at 29c instead of 39c at idle. My case is a little larger than a standard mATX and can accomodate a standard PSU thank God. The Antec Smartpower 2.0 500w is modular and has been real stable for me and kept the case wiring to a mminimum. I did a snazzy wiringjob I will try and post some picks but my digital camera is only soso for closeups. I used a dremel tool to carve out corners and others things and maybe you can use one to mod your case to take a standard psu if you can get the clearance. I built a system with an MSI 200 express ATI board for my wife with this case that came with a 430w psu built in, I know its cheap but its been stable so far and handles a mild overclock 2517mhz (clockgen no bios option)on a Sandy 3700. http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16811164053 . Even thout it says beige color its really white and the psu is marked and rated at 430w not 400w.I will keep posting my findings I am using bios 82DMD711 official and have had no problems. One last thing on the temps I left my PC off for awhile to let the AS5 cure and when i started it up it read 40c right away and I just don't think thats right and chipset temps were high too after 8 hours off:mad: If you need any help or just want to chat I will check this thread out regularly.

v_Lestat,

I've been a big fan of MATX for a long time. When I first had this board and an opty 146 it was installed in a simple slim (that's the actual name) case. My friend built a similar system and he purchased the same athenatech as you, or similar, his was 450w IIRC. His mATX machine constantly overheats and generally has problems, even on onboard vid. I on the other hand used this fortron source PSU with an x1600 pci-e and never had any issues. YMMV but with your system specs, mainly not needing the 6-pin pci-e power adapter, that supply could really help you out.

The big difference being the athenatech doesn't have an active PFC. His PSU gets hot to the touch while mine never became WARM.

I've been a huge fan of FSP ever since my fsp aurora 350w. I tend to recomend them over most other PSU brands to my customers.