problems overclocking san diego 4000

xlr8

i have been unsucessfully trying to further overclock my athlon 64 4000 san diego to something higher than 2.6 ghz, where it seems the most stable, but anything over 220 fsb X12 is not working at all, at any voltage. I need to find out if someone else has the same ram as me and if so, did you loosen the timings to squeeze some more juice out of the processor. anyone with my rig specs just post your timings if at all possible, for i cant get any settings to work. i have an arctic cooling freezer 64 pro that keeps it at ~41C load temp so overheating isnt an issue yet, just stability. also, is there a cpu voltage that you had the most luck with on this processor?

i have been unsucessfully trying to further overclock my athlon 64 4000 san diego to something higher than 2.6 ghz, where it seems the most stable, but anything over 220 fsb X12 is not working at all, at any voltage. I need to find out if someone else has the same ram as me and if so, did you loosen the timings to squeeze some more juice out of the processor. anyone with my rig specs just post your timings if at all possible, for i cant get any settings to work. i have an arctic cooling freezer 64 pro that keeps it at ~41C load temp so overheating isnt an issue yet, just stability. also, is there a cpu voltage that you had the most luck with on this processor?

You are gonna have to get that ram on a divider to get anywhere with your CPU. Have you read the overclocking and memory guide stickied to the top of the overclocking section? If you haven't...you need to :)

Hello xlr8

As you can see from my sig I too am running at 2605Mhz 217x12 no divider. This is completely stable, yet 220x12 is not and I cannot get it to be no matter what voltages I hit it with etc.

However I am able to get to 2794Mhz completely stable when using the 150 divider 255x11 = 2794Mhz. This does require a huge increase in voltages though, so hugh in fact that I don't feel comfortable using it day to day. It just isnt worth it for the minor performance gains I get over the 2.6Ghz overclock.

The overclocking sticky is the best place to start.

Get ur self some DDR500 or use a divider and read as much as you can in the OC guide!