is your IHS still on?

likewhoa

140 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • My mommy told me not to crack another core :(

buy an opteron 165 instead at only $250 plus it's dual-core ;)

True, but I just use the machine for gaming + I love the unlocked multi. Nothing like upping the multi to a nice and easy 15x200 - and leaving my RAM at stock speed. That's like OCing for dummies - LOL.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but I just use the machine for gaming + I love the unlocked multi. Nothing like upping the multi to a nice and easy 15x200 - and leaving my RAM at stock speed. That's like OCing for dummies - LOL.

lmao,.. but alot of games support dual-core and if not, you can just assign on core only ;)

I believe the X2 drivers have fixed alot of issues with gaming and dual-cores.

hey how many people have CraCkeD youR CoRe?

• 3 months later...
Mine is still on:o I know as soon as i would take it off ( my luck ) I mess it up.

If your luck is that bad, more likely you'll get it off successfully, mount the heat sink successfully, and then a week later after you've hit three GHz and are in the middle of Priming for your OCDb entry, the PSU will fall on the tower and crack the chip. :D

its offffff.........

it died for a few minutes, temp went skyhigh for a few hours, then it died for a few seconds, and WHAM, acouple minutes of acetone and alcohol operations, and i revived it....... *IT'S ALIVEEEE....BWAHAHAHAHAHA*

but temp sdoesnt change at all tho.......

oh well.l..........

Killed my X2 3800+ E6 Toledo(Kathy) CCBWE 0543 SPMW removing the IHS :sad: And she wasnt a bad overclocker she just ran hot .But my 165(Nicole) isnt gonna suffer the same fate..lol Because her temps are pretty good

its offffff.........

it died for a few minutes, temp went skyhigh for a few hours, then it died for a few seconds, and WHAM, acouple minutes of acetone and alcohol operations, and i revived it....... *IT'S ALIVEEEE....BWAHAHAHAHAHA*

but temp sdoesnt change at all tho.......

oh well.l..........

use ceramique on it ;) and try a few mounts, you might not be getting good contact with core.