is your IHS still on?

likewhoa

140 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • My mommy told me not to crack another core :(

like its been said when i buy all new stuff next year and want to go sellin the old stuff will make it impossible to get what its worth, plus i have the o/c i want at good temps. 28-32 idle and 44-46 load.

mind you if i did break it it would make a good excuse to blow loads of money on a core 2 duo board and memory to replace it !!!!!

hmmm.....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RohypnoL

I'd love to take mine off, but i'm really scared as i've already killed a 7800GTX which is currently in the RMA process.

Hmmm, I took it off one of my 148s, off the FX55 I just got and... off my 3700 Clawhammer 754. My opty 165 still has it on and the other opty 148 has it on still. I'm a well rounded geek... :rolleyes:

How much difference did it make to your 3700 Claw ???

How much difference did it make to your 3700 Claw ???

Not as much as I had hoped but I didn't play with it too much. 3 to 5C drop in load, but 1 to 3 in idle. It made a huge difference with the FX55 almost 10C, both idle and load... buttrock.gif The 148 was about average of the two.

The 3700 is also on a Big Typhoon, the other two are under water... I'll do a few benchies on the 3700 tonight and get a more definitive average on it's temps... but I had hoped for more of a temp drop.

I took the FX and added volts to it and the temp is still lower than with the IHS on... :D Tryin for 3G ATM... mpr.gif

You think $279 is cheap? :D

Yeah, I guess I'm comparing it to what it was a few months ago :) It's actually $249 as I right this - bye bye to the high-end single cores! The're blowing those suckers out. The FX57 is getting down to the $300 range, too.