Sign in to follow this  
Trisk

Freeze after cold boot

Well, I found a cure...at least for me. When powering up I hit reset when it's identifying the SATA drives (the screen right after the memory test). Let it identify the drives and then hit reset. When doing this I have never had a freeze. Before doing it I would always get the freeze 5-10 mins after booting which resulted in a reset.

I totally agree, but since it only takes a few seconds and you're not booting into windows it's not that much of an inconveinience. It sure beats freezing while gaming, work, ect.

I employed this strategy at one point.. But there are those times where you forget to reset and BAM problem comes up again. ANd believe me I have forgotten.

Solution in most users eyes if for DFI to better support this board.

I've solved mine through a combination of ram timings and swapping to the Sil ports. Its actually faster this way, i used to get pauses without the audio screech which i thought was just a slow hard drive, but even that is gone now.

No Matter what i did, i just cant get rid of the cold boot issue on the ULI ports, DFI really needs to fix this.

I agree. A big issue for me is the fact that the board is not cheap. The Sil ports were the only option that worked for me as well. Sadly I have the board in a box, moved on and hoping that DFI solves this so that I can sell it. Most people are not interested in buying it because of this issue.

This board was a major disappointment for many of us...

This board is amazing for overclocking and has fantastic performance. The support for it is just horrid. It should never have been released in the state that it was. I would like to go DFI again but this makes me think.

I have this problem, tried all the suggests with no luck. I agree this board is great for overclocking but I would not buy another DFI product as due to the lack of support.

This would be my second board that need to RMA.

Does the cold boot issue only happn when u use the uli ports or does it still happn when using the Sil ports.

It was happening to me and I was using the sil connections, thought I had figured it out but the problem did come back like one of the other members mentioned. However it doesn't do it as often as it use too. Which still makes me feel like its still something to do with memory.

Mule