Freeze after cold boot

Maybe you've tried this already, but, try re-flashing bios, then run f-tester and kill cmos. Set pcie reset again in bios and see if it works this time.

When I had this board I know I had the issue, however something fixed it. What I do know, is that bios corrupts real easy if you've had a failed overclock at a high fsb. Although the board still works, some of the bios settings get skewed. Worth a try anyway..

regards

Raja

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured PC was locking up due to atitool running when loading windows. I just disabled atitool as a startup item, and later change voltages with atitool and clock speeds with rivatuner. Somehow changing clock speeds with atitool makes my system crash or reboot when running games.

Add me to the list of having this problem.

I'm going to retry flashing the bios. I've tried everything.

Still crashes on boot and sometimes it takes 2 resets to get me up and running.

This happens with OC or without.

Once running as the OP said flawless..

i have the A8R32-MVP, i also get this problem sometimes on cold boot once i reboot the system is stable for hours on end with whatever i throw at it, this can't be seperate psu issue as to many other 580 users are having this problem springing up, i wish we could have some sort of official statement regarding the numerous problems.

Mine freezes at the Windows XP loading screen everytime from a cold boot. Always has done. Does not matter what bios and settings.

The only way I have found to prevent this is to hit the warm reset button when the CFX3200 bios graphic first appears. Annoying but 100% stable after that. Subsequent warm rests are always fine. I'd be interested in getting to the bottom of this one too. Been bugging me for ages!

I noticed awhile back that after I turned off my box for the night I'd be lying in bed and I'd hear a little pop sound about 5 minutes after the box was turned off. I tried booting it up after I heard it and it froze like it does after a cold boot in the mornings. What the heck could cause that! A pop sound.