Water Cooling Guide....v 1.3

watsonte

I always wondered why nobody (especially watercooling companies) made some plug you could just put over the end of the 24-pin cable...it'd cost all of $5, if that.

Yeah...maybe they will come up with something....as more and more people go to water cooling something is bound to be made similar to what that little button does...

Also CatKickers Stores were added....

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a "yum-cha" (a.k.a. rubbish) 350W PSU from some old build that I have permanently set up with the green-black jump start mod to prime my system. I don't have to unplug all my components, only the pump. Most people would have something around that could perform this task.

Another thing , you mentioned a number of methods for cutting the tubing - I use a pair of straight edge tin-snips cutters (usually they are the ones with yellow handles). They perform a perfect cut every time assuming they're sharp ;)

I have a "yum-cha" (a.k.a. rubbish) 350W PSU from some old build that I have permanently set up with the green-black jump start mod to prime my system. I don't have to unplug all my components, only the pump. Most people would have something around that could perform this task.

Another thing , you mentioned a number of methods for cutting the tubing - I use a pair of straight edge tin-snips cutters (usually they are the ones with yellow handles). They perform a perfect cut every time assuming they're sharp ;)

Alright thanks I will add those to the list of things you can use to cut tubing...

And having that spare PSU around thats a good Idea...really you dont need a good PSU to keep a pump and some fans running

Guest Halvis

Well, since I am in the process of moving to OPTERONistan, I *have* been mulling over watercooling...

Great JOB Watson, TecnhoDan & company! VERY well written, laid out & informative.

Well, since I am in the process of moving to OPTERONistan, I *have* been mulling over watercooling...

Great JOB Watson, TecnhoDan & company! VERY well written, laid out & informative.

Well thank you for your kind words...we just hope to help everyone who comes in here looking for some guidance when it comes to water cooling.....

I'll be getting DD's new 7950GX2 waterblock next week for my soon-to-be EVGA 7950GX2... so I'll definately take some pictures of that!

Is next week when they plan to release the new waterblock?

Still looking for any additions that might be needed...

Anything that you think should be added or would like to see discussed in the guide...

I am open to suggestions...We are trying to make this as complete and in depth as possible...

Nice guide watsonte. I will put together a few things and send them over. Mostly on block design, purposes and pros/cons.

Look Forward to seeing it...

We are close to completing the guide..of course there is always room for improvement...If anyone has questions while reading the guide...please ask...or write them down, and maybe we will be able to find answers and place them in the guide...