Water Cooling Guide....v 1.3

watsonte

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my buddy is coming up from Twin Falls this weekend and we are building him his first watercooled setup in a plain Coolermaster Centurion case (about $50 @ SVC/Newegg)

I plan on running the DV cam and then taking a week to edit the vid lol

be another DFI-Street Tutorial to add to the list (plus I have a Tyee ATI X1900XT waterblock install tutorial vid somewhere I have to finish editing)

my buddy is coming up from Twin Falls this weekend and we are building him his first watercooled setup in a plain Coolermaster Centurion case (about $50 @ SVC/Newegg)

I plan on running the DV cam and then taking a week to edit the vid lol

be another DFI-Street Tutorial to add to the list (plus I have a Tyee ATI X1900XT waterblock install tutorial vid somewhere I have to finish editing)

That would be an awesome thing to add...Thanks Happy...

Bump...I am giving this a bump to give others a chance to check out this new Guide and get some opinions about things that need to be added or fixed...

In part 2 we didn't really list any fluids, are those listed elsewhere and I'm not seeing them? I know we discussed non-conductive fluids earlier in the guide, but I feel we should probably add possible solution (Zerex, MCT-5, whatever else) probably including reasons why you'd need ultra-low temp fluid, or UV-reactive stuff even.

Might even wanna talk about antifreeze since a lot of people ask about it...

Just a thought, I'd type it up now but don't really have the time, I gotta shower and head to class.

By the way, UncleDavid might want to say something about that price including the case and any mods to it, adds a considerable amount.

In part 2 we didn't really list any fluids, are those listed elsewhere and I'm not seeing them? I know we discussed non-conductive fluids earlier in the guide, but I feel we should probably add possible solution (Zerex, MCT-5, whatever else) probably including reasons why you'd need ultra-low temp fluid, or UV-reactive stuff even.

Might even wanna talk about antifreeze since a lot of people ask about it...

Just a thought, I'd type it up now but don't really have the time, I gotta shower and head to class.

I mention the fluids, MCT-40, and MCT-5, Zerex and Fluid XP...I dont provide any links or information on the use of Anti-Freeze...I have not experience with it...

I will provide list to make it more visible.....and some links...

would you guys mind if i quote this guide & post it at overclockersclub.com ?

of course i'll put a link to this thread as well

I don't have a problem with it, as long as CPU Killer and Watsonte don't...

Otherwise you can just link it for now, about quoting you'll have to wait for approval from the other guys.

I don't have a problem with it, as long as CPU Killer and Watsonte don't...

Otherwise you can just link it for now, about quoting you'll have to wait for approval from the other guys.

Sounds good, i'll just link for now :)

here is the thread I created...

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/?showtopic=64249

If i'm able to quote the guide, i'll try and get it stickied over there

Sounds good, i'll just link for now :)

here is the thread I created...

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/?showtopic=64249

If i'm able to quote the guide, i'll try and get it stickied over there

I would be more than happy to have you put it up over there....Understand that we are still doing some editing...but feel free to use it...

The only portion I would ask that you not use at this point is the first section created by CPU Killer until you can get permission to use it.

New Posts added showing a Template of how to show off your watercooled rig...and to help others...

Also Section on Fluids added...anyone that uses Anti-Freeze...information on how you mix and what you use would be appreciated