Sign in to follow this  
hanibal

i'm getting ntldr missing upon boot up?

what is ntldr error on boot up? Nothing but problems withis mobo! sometime mobo won't detect hard drive. I'm this close on returning this board for another one or brand. All of a sudden i was downloading stuff came back with black screen computer still on, but could not get anything to come up on screen. When rebooted i get ntldr missing?

Is the windows disk in the drive by any chance?

Set the boot priority to hard-drive first...

I got NTLDR missing when I left my XP disk in, however I also got it when my hard-drive corrupted and it broke :(

So good luck!

no cd's in drive, been running the same memory overclocked for months now? All of a sudden ntldr error? What exactly is this?

this friggin board changed which hd to boot from i had to go in and change them, that was the problem. THis mobo does things on its own and never had any probs with any other brands! I think its time to change to asus.

I would start testing for stability. Everything mentioned is an indication of an unstable overclock. Memory or processor may be starting to have problems.

You might want to check maxtors website they have had problems with NF4 boards and their SATA drives. My brothers had a MAXline III 250gig 16MB drive with a NF4 board and give him nothing but trouble they even had him update the firmware for the drive. But the problem still came and went and I got tired of reloading or repairing Windows so he got some Hitachi's and sold the Maxtor. He has not had a problem since we removed it. Try to run maxtors drive test with only that drive hooked up. His started but would not finish.

just thought I would share that with you...

Oh yea it was a Asus A8N-SLI board and he was getting the same error as you have.

1. Run Memtest, test #5 and #8, 8 - 10 pases of each. If those pass run the entire set of tests overnight.

2. Run Memtest for Windows. With 2GB of memory you will have to run 2 instances of the program. Allocate 800MB per instance. Allow it to run till at least 2000% - 3000% coverage or until an error occurs, whichever happens first.

3. Run dual instances of Prime95. If you are unable to configure Prime95 for a dual core there's a how-to posted here.