New Build Freezes in Bios?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the board gets all the way up to, verifying dmi pool data and backup cmos...ok as im typing this now.

The longer i clear the cmos i seem to be progressing further with this shizz

but then it still freezes after that, man maybe the 24 hour clear cmos might work, but **** it its being sold now anyways

Heya honkee..

The bios chip may be corrupted.. It doesnt happen very often with the NF4 boards but it can happen when running real high HTT's.. I still to this day use a bios savior just in case, I also have a spare chip that I can hotflash if things get hairy..hehe..

Just another one of those things to be able to eliminate when troubleshooting.

welps, i found the culprit or so i believe the culprit.

I downloaded memtest iso and booted it.

all my ram sticks fail memtest?

Or is dfi picky with patriot memory(samsung tccd) or this rosewill psu im using?

man feck dfi

;)

welps, i found the culprit or so i believe the culprit.

I downloaded memtest iso and booted it.

all my ram sticks fail memtest?

I assumed you memtested those RAM. I kind of thought you built a few DFI rigs before. I took for granted you did some preliminary testing. Sorry I didn’t mention it before.

Or is dfi picky with patriot memory(samsung tccd)…
Yes Especially the Expert motherboard it is very picky about memory and timings. Here is a good link to read on memory; Recommended - RAM Guide for DFI nF4's. Look under (A list of good memory modules). There is only one type of Patriot PC4800 PDC1G4800+XBLK listed. I am not sure it’s what you have.

If you’re trying to set up 4x512 @ 1T it can be ruff. You will most likely set @ 2T with loose timing until you get them tweaked. The trick is to do one stick, then two, then four.

I’m really confused which PSU your running in this Expert.

148(tested fine in another pc)

x850 pcie(tested fine in another pc)

4x512 Patriot PC4800(unsure about these)

Dfi SLI-DR Expert (unsure about this)

OCZ 600 watter

3200ks Drive

You listed this,

….or this rosewill psu im using?
or is it?

If it is the later the rest will apply. Best do yourself and that motherboard a big favor. Get a PSU from recommend list specifically for the Expert motherboard. Recommended Power Supplies. If it is not here forget it.

I can list several threads of people using certain types of PSU’s that once they went with a recommended PSU their problems disappeared. It is your choice.

I’ve seen the many people that have changed their under powered PSU to a quality recommended PSU on their DFI motherboard and were amazed. I have also seen the people that changed their under powered PSU and still their DFI motherboard wouldn’t work, why because those pos PSU fried the motherboard. Then they blame the DFI mother board. DFI power requirement are much higher.

Why you may ask?

PSU problems can manifest themselves in many different ways. Power requirement for DFI motherboards are very high because they where designed from the ground up to overclock. A good quality PSU with all of the power connectors plugged in will make a world of difference in stability and overclocking.

The Expert can be a major pain to get up a running. When you’ve feed them all the right combination of components they’re an overclocking diva. But hay, if all DFI boards where a piece of cake why have the Street.