For all those people who play BF2... PoE!

Sorrento

Seems pretty sweet, gonna install it soon and check it out, just one question, are there any ranked servers running PoE2?

Another thing, is there like a list of forum members that are playing BF2 and their aliases?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw some ranked. Are there unlocks and stuff like that?

Hmm, aparently unlocks are not going to work...... but there are going to be a statistics server or something. There is a forum, i think its at hypernia's site or something.

Also FALL is one "pure infantry" map... and i think there are at least two more like it... I remember a huge forest/mountain terrain with only vehicles and armor, no flying things... hehe, and the forest is like nasty... cant see anything, which is good of course :D

BattleField 1942 is so ancient! I remember when i bought that game which had so many bugs at that time. I haven't even bothered to reinstall it since there is so many newer games to waste your time with. Good Find!

Actually PoE2 is for Battlefield 2, not 1942... while the original PoE was for Battlefield Vietnam, made it one hell of a good game too.

And BF2 indeed had some few bugs to begin with, but these increased in number when they added new updates, go figure :rolleyes:

Version 1.4 is going to be released next week, aparently, and with it the promise of a cleaner BF2... same with PoE2 i guess.

Liked the fallen map. Kinda big but it was fun. Joined and was on the losiing side but I helped them get from behind and win. Unfortunately the dumb server switched me right at the end and ended up on the losing side. lol

Nice. I'll check the other maps soon. I have to get used to the serious recoil! Not so bad on bf2.

Liked the fallen map. Kinda big but it was fun. Joined and was on the losiing side but I helped them get from behind and win. Unfortunately the dumb server switched me right at the end and ended up on the losing side. lol

Nice. I'll check the other maps soon. I have to get used to the serious recoil! Not so bad on bf2.

Thats the way it happens... "lone wolf" with minor ranks (minor against higher rank 'lone wolfs') will be switched to the other team if there is the need for some balancing. Only way to avoid this is to be in a squadron, and even then it is still possible to be switched.

I like this... there are "dumb servers" which don't have Autobalance = 1, and thus sometimes the games are between a 25 people team vs. 15 people team... or worse. I try to avoid these servers, since a lot of people just quit when things get rough and make things worse the brave of us who stay behind.

I wouldn't have found it otherwise. Thanks again for pointing it out.

Fallen is my favourite map at the moment, no vehicles to mess things up just pure infantry combat. I like the way the map kinda forces you to make use of the squad system, it wouldn't be much fun if you had to run all the way from one flag to another. I like it when your squad all regroup about 70 metres from the flag then when your squad leader gives the order you all storm the flag at once, the squad leader staying behind to spwan upon if anything goes wrong.

I don't even care that non of the servers are ranked, I just enjoy the squad combat so much.