Sign in to follow this  
A6437

Will my 2 7800Gts Handle games at 1600x1200 with everything maxed out?

Well i'm just about to order an new monitor that i have been researching for quite a bit >http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16824001226 and i was wondering if my cards will be able to handle games at 16000x1200 like Fear,Oblivion,Graw, and AO3 with settings up without a huge drop in FPS. All i hear is that SLI really makes a difference with higher resolution but what kind or how much of a difference. Right now i can run anything at 1280x1024 with these babies and i get over 95FPS in Fear

I think you might need to do a little upgrading to get the benefit of the higher resolution,

I'm running same sort of kit as you can see, but my monitor s a samsung 930bf which

doesn't run at that res, I suppose without doubt even at 1280x1024 its sure to look a damn lot better with that monitor, I think maybe you might be a little week on the processor side and the PSU side of things to achieve 1600X1200 but try it by buying that monitor your probably opening doors to other things

Well that really aint much since you can't really tell much of a performance increase after 60 FPS i just can't wait to get that new monitor and get rid of my POS LCD. Oh yeah and i'm about to get a new opty 165 but i don't think that will make much of a difference unless i get past 2.82Ghz which i hope i can

Well that really aint much since you can't really tell much of a performance increase after 60 FPS i just can't wait to get that new monitor and get rid of my POS LCD. Oh yeah and i'm about to get a new opty 165 but i don't think that will make much of a difference unless i get past 2.82Ghz which i hope i can

will make a difference in 3dmark 06 and multi tasking useage...for gaming nor really except dual core optimization is getting more common so maybe the newer games will benefit..

but 2X7800gt should be fine..

and it depends on the game though...

i mean I can play FEAR, CSS BF2 DOD.s etc etc on 1600x1200 with my 1 7800gt with maxed settings except FEAR (but still high textures etc and AA AF just no lighting shadows )

u can always turn donw some settings and run the 1600x1200

it will look better at 1600x1200 with medium graphics than high graphics and a low res

* oblicion you will have to turn down quite a bit most likely..