Wont boot! help! (quick replies please!)

jcll2002

i just tried holding down insert at a different time and I made some progress. It stayed on for about 10 seconds when i held down the insert key but then shut off. Also, no data was sent from the gfx, i didnt see anything on the screen.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i did it again, and i got into the bios and i went into gene bios settings (where the overclocking stuff is) and it said it was normal stock settings. But, it shutdown. Does anybody have an idea of whats going on?

ok i tried it AGAIN, and i got into bios, loaded optimized defaults, restarted the computer, and then i was loading windows and it shut off! WTF is going on?

EDIT again: sometimes it goes on for a sec, but i realized that if i hold down delete, it will get into bios. I did this and before getting into bios a message said something like this "CMOS checksum error- system is in safe mode. please re-settling cpu frequency."

i unplugged my hdd and optical drive and got into bios and it said the CPU voltage was fluxing between 1.55-1.65V!!! The wierd thing is it was set to auto in the bios but it was still really high. i manually set the voltage to 1.35 and rebooted and got a really long beep. I couldnt boot though. still same 1 second deal

In my sig I recently added a watercooling loop and wanted to see how much farther i could take my cpu. With air i was able to use 1.5v to boot up to 3ghz but when i tried this 1.5v a few months later, the computer keep shutting down and will not start up. I got into bios once and was able to check the cpu voltage after I selected load optimized defaults and it was reading 1.65v. The voltage was set to auto, so i tried manually setting it to 1.35, stock voltage, but it wouldnt work. So, im left with a computer that wont start up because the bios refuses to change the voltage.

People say that it was my fault and i shouldnt rma it because "i broke it" but I believe that its DFI's wrong doing in a way because I cannot change the voltage, it wont let me.

What do you think?

You could email Happy_Games...hes an admin of the forum he might be able to help you out...

First though have you tried clearing cmos?

yeah, i tried clearing the cmos by just switching the jumpers, then i used the guide here to "hard" wipe it out i guess thats how you would call it. Im referring to the process of removing the battery and letting it sit for 24 hours.