Wont boot! help! (quick replies please!)

jcll2002

As you can see in my sig, i have been overclocking. I recently installed a watercooling loop and wanted to see how far i could take my cpu. I tried booting 3ghz with 1.5volts (which i could do before on air) but it didnt boot. I changed the jumper to safe boot and i got into the bios with all the stock settings. I pressed save and quit and it just shut down. Now, i press the power button and it turns on for a second or two. Clearing the CMOS didnt help either...

Any help??

Would taking out the battery help?

Thanks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how long did you give the thermal paste to settle?

remove the power cord, remove the batt and move the CMOS reset pin, leave it like that for about 1/2 hr, mean while remove the water block from the CPU and make sure it was seating properly. reapply themal paste, by then the 1/2 hr should have passed so you can put the cmos pin back, replace the batt and plug it back in, if it wont boot, umm, well, try 24 hrs

Edit: make sure the pins are in the right place :D

if the Cmos pin is wrong then the computer wont boot either, i've done it before :D

will do. Is there any chance i broke something? I upped the cpu vcore from 1.35 to 1.5 (in intervals) and it wouldnt backup the cmos with the lower voltage (i was trying to boot 3ghz which i could do before on air) so when i got to 1.5 it just didnt power on.

if it wont power on, as in Bios wont even post, then windows corrupting shouldnt have anything to do with it.

to me there are a few possibility's, heres some of them

is the water block wasnt seated properly, not enough thermal paste, not enough time for the thermal paste to work, your water cooling setup not cooling as well as it should, or is leaking, bios is currupt and needs resetting as you have been doing.

i forgot to add a step in the cmos reset

remove the power cord, remove the batt and move the CMOS reset pin, push the power button (dont expect anything to happen when you do this:) ), leave it like that for about 1/2 hr, mean while remove the water block from the CPU and make sure it was seating properly. reapply themal paste, by then the 1/2 hr should have passed so you can put the cmos pin back, replace the batt and plug it back in, if it wont boot, umm, well, try 24 hrs

not really sounding good if the bios wont post

tried it. the waterblock is fine. I let it reset for 1.5 hrs and no joy. Im really starting to get nervous.

Could it have something to do with the safe boot jumpers? I was messing around with those also before. I set them to default before i tried resetting the cmos.