7900GT wont fit in the first PCI-x slot on SLI-DR

DarkJedi

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't necessarily need to be at DDR500, but it would be nice. I honestly don't care about being the fastest in the world, but would just like to get the speed that I bought the memory at.

Well your problem could be more than your memory.. Your upping of the multi is not the best way to overclock, I suggest reading the overclocking guide and diong it the correct way...One way you could try is running a 10x Multi and 260 FSB and 1:! with the ram letting it run at DDR500 in fact a little over...

Check out the overclocking guide...You need to find a stable overclock for both your ram and CPU...I dont think you currently have either.

Don't use half multipliers... you'll lower your RAM speed down to PC2700 levels (that's what you'll end up with using 14.5). If you want DDR500 speeds, lower your multiplier down to x12, the LDT to x4, up your FSB to 250MHz and set your memory to a 1:1 divider. You might want to up your CPU voltage to ~1.5 volts (assuming your cooling is adequate). Your CPU will be bang on 3GHz though ;)

Since we have the same board (essentially) and the same processor, could you tell me your settings for memory? Besides the original timings as I'm sure my timings are different than yours. I tried going to 12x250 the other day, but also change the memory settings and I only got a black screen (which I'm sure of course meant that the timings were too tight), but I did follow the OC guide to get those timings of course. I know my chip can hit high speeds, but crashes of course at Windows.

Since we have the same board (essentially) and the same processor, could you tell me your settings for memory? Besides the original timings as I'm sure my timings are different than yours. I tried going to 12x250 the other day, but also change the memory settings and I only got a black screen (which I'm sure of course meant that the timings were too tight), but I did follow the OC guide to get those timings of course. I know my chip can hit high speeds, but crashes of course at Windows.

You may need more voltage, you may need to change the LDT value..all which is within the guide...you need to read and follow it...really just changing things around and not having an understanding on the overall impact of what your changing will do nothing for you...Having the same Motherboard, and CPU do not mean the same overclock, different steppings, different memory...too many variables to name...You need to follow the guide

riser?

with the VGA card, i had a similar problem, it was my case :D

where the PCI bracket is to be screwed down, there was a riviot stopping the card PCI bracket of the card from going down, so theres another thought, unless it's sorted now :)

I did have the similar ram in my expert, to run it at DDR500, try T2 3-4-4-10 2.85v

for the full DFI expert timings, i think it was 200Mhz, dis, 3-4-10-4-14-16-4-3-2-4-auto, enabled then auto, 0, level 8 (your board may only have 4 levels, try normal 4), 8ns, normal or fast, 6ns, 256, disabled, 4, 7, disable

if you want more info, let me know :)

I did read the guide, that's how I got the timings and all, so I do understand it; I just wanted to see the settings he was using to see if the ones I used were any different, or just too tight.

I will look at case tonight and see if anything is blocking it; which I don't think so as I didn't have this problem with the Asus board (which had the same placement for the 1st PCI-x slot). But I will check everything tonight and get back to you guys.