Sign in to follow this  
alexandre.ce

Wierd USB issue: devices are detected and not recognized. But work!!!

Hi, guys!!!

Unfortunatelly, I'm oblidged to come here not to visit and try to help, but to relate an issue that began to happen with my mobo the last few days.

Well, suddenly, my Ultra-D began to have some problems with usb devices, specifically the usb port near Nvidia Lan. At first, I'd like to tell that I have already tried everything I could imagine, just like not using usb mouse, changing the device plugged into that usb port I described, formatting and reinstalling the OS, re-flashing the bios, etc...

The fact is that, everytime I plug a device into that usb port near the Nvidia Lan, the OS detects the device but says it couldn't regocnize it. Bellow, some screenshots:

After plugging any device, just like webcam, printer or even the adpater for my joystick...

probusbum5.th.jpg

Taking the printer to do some tests, most of times the printer works but that usb tray icon near date/time keeps popping up and fading...

probusb2hx9.th.jpg

Here, the system shows the printer as ready and, indeed, the device works, but the usb icon behaves as the described above...

probusb3sw1.th.jpg

During the printing process, that icon pops up several times... in fact, up to now I don't know what is causing the problem.

I've noticed that if I plug any device that asks for external softwares or drivers to work properly, they are detected but don't work... the icon keeps there informing there's a unknown device and the install process doesn't finish succesfully. That happens to my joystick (rumblepad cordless 2) and my MX310 mouse.

If somebody could help me in solving that problem, if there's a solution for it, I'd really appreciate.

Thx!

Well, suddenly, my Ultra-D began to have some problems with usb devices

Maybe try a system restore since it was suddenly? Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore

Did you recently install any new software or hardware devices?