dell 30" monitor

edjahman

I finally got quad sli up and running. The only thing left to get is the 30" monitor. Has anyone out there seen one of those dell monitors in action? I just read a quad sli review and the guy said is was awesome. It seems that quad sli is just a waste with my 21.5 inch monitor.

Please give me opinions.

Thanks Guys.

--EJM

I finally got quad sli up and running. The only thing left to get is the 30" monitor. Has anyone out there seen one of those dell monitors in action? I just read a quad sli review and the guy said is was awesome. It seems that quad sli is just a waste with my 21.5 inch monitor.

Please give me opinions.

Thanks Guys.

--EJM

Please link that review.

Thanks,

Dave :)

That's the same thing nVidia says.

Please link.

Not their exact words but pretty close.

The decision to move to Quad SLI should be based on an insatiable desire to game at the highest possible resolution and quality settings. In general, gaming at these settings will produce significantly faster frame rates with Quad SLI. Outside of the SLI antialiasing modes, for example 2560x1600 4xAA/8xAF, the benefits of Quad SLI are significant in OpenGL games but often less prominent in Direct3D games. It turns out that DX9 doesn't support queuing of enough frames using standard D3D API programming practices (that would attain WHQL certification) to effectively support high-performance 4-way AFR mode used in Quad systems. Quad SLI instead uses "AFR of SFR" for many D3D games. In the future with DX10, we expect 4-way AFR to work as effectively as it does with OpenGL today.

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html...W50aHVzaWFzdA==