Unable to Load XP onto HD

My MB boots fine, goes into Home XP OS CD fine and starts downloading the files it needs and then goes to 'setup is starting windows' where I would agree to their license and continue on to download XP onto my new formatted drive but...... After getting to Setup is starting Windows it goes no farther and will not move on. Its not the CD I have tried all three of my XP OS discs. And different hard drives. I have done a clear bios accordingly but can't get past the startup of Setup is starting Windows. Anyone experience this before? Please help. Thanks....

I have when

1) I had installed linux and it wouldn't allow me to install windows, it was protecting it's filesystems.

2) I had made a custom Windows XP install using nlite, and selected the wrong HAL.

3) I was trying to get RAID to work by pressing F6 to load drivers, I ended up having to use nlite to slipstream the drivers onto the Windows XP.

Hope one of these rings a bell

Hi, no I didn't have to do a memory test since I switched out the memory with two other sets of high quality memory from my other boards. Anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks though....

Just because memory worked in another system means squat test the memory in this rig run 5-10 passes of test #5 then run full test for 4-12 hrs before trying to install OS and have only the hdds that the OS is going on installed.

Exactly. I've had a lot of troubles installing Windows when other HDDs were plugged in. Follow lowboy's memtest routine to qualify your RAM, then try installing with only your OS HDD plugged in.

Also, don't overclock your machine when installing Windows, it doesn't like it. just a tip for the future.

Just because memory worked in another system means squat test the memory in this rig run 5-10 passes of test #5 then run full test for 4-12 hrs before trying to install OS and have only the hdds that the OS is going on installed.

I didnt write I used this memory in other systems I took memory from two other systems and used it on this board and it did the same thing. Also I am not overclocking while trying to load Windows. And I am only using one HD at the moment.

I don't know if you have tried this, but sometimes the default ram timings can be a bit tight, loosen them and see how you go.

With mine I had to use just one stick of ram to get it to successfully load Windows and after it was loaded put back the other stick and no problems.

I lost a bit of sleep over this one.:rolleyes:

I don't know if you have tried this, but sometimes the default ram timings can be a bit tight, loosen them and see how you go.

With mine I had to use just one stick of ram to get it to successfully load Windows and after it was loaded put back the other stick and no problems.

I lost a bit of sleep over this one.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the response I will try that....

I didnt write I used this memory in other systems I took memory from two other systems and used it on this board and it did the same thing. Also I am not overclocking while trying to load Windows. And I am only using one HD at the moment.
And what does that prove?

If you run memtest you will be able to see if it is a memory issue, as already said the timings might need adjusting.

Which pc in the sig is the one that does not work, top one?

Have you tried using only 1 cd drive, is it set to master.