Quick Temps question

tripp1n

I am running a torture/blend test on p95 and on test4 4000 using 1024k fft everest is reporting these temps

Motherboard 53C CPU 42C Northbridge 48C GPU Diode 49C Seagate 39C

My x2 is on stock volts on 240x10 multi, and was wandering if those temps are acceptable.

Motherboard temp seemed high or what would its max ok be ? thanks

thanks, thought they were a little high especially with only a 400mhz overclock.

So what is the max temp my motherboard can reach before it isnt safe?

And if the northbridge refers to where the fan is on the motherboard, what relates to the motherboard temp ?

thanks, thought they were a little high especially with only a 400mhz overclock.

So what is the max temp my motherboard can reach before it isnt safe?

And if the northbridge refers to where the fan is on the motherboard, what relates to the motherboard temp ?

The motherboard temp is PWMIC in "Smartguardian". I use "Everest" as well. It shows "Motherboard". I like to see two different sets of data on temps. If they are nearly the same, I am more comfortable.

I believe that the maximum temp for your mobo is 70C. I would be looking at case air-flow and cooling before it reaches anywhere near that on my system, however. As stated, CPU temps should stay at or below 50C.

I am OC'd to 2.7 from stock 2.4 and my temps run CPU = 32C, PWMIC (Motherboard) = 42C and Chipset (North Bridge) = 44C at idle. I am very comfortable with these temps. The load temps don't ever get out of control either.

thanks, i downloaded smartguardian and it automatically made my zalman and chipset fan speed increase , i can actually hear them now and my temps dropped, its suppose to do this??

Would any problems arise from running both my fans at full speed for hours?

I will start overclocking more once i get my as5, and see how temps are then.

If you go into options in SmartGuardian you can control the fan speed, and the temps at which they come on/go off/turn full on.

My chipset fan's at 5800rpm, and my CPU fan goes up to 2100 (that's connected to a fan controller) but its a 120mm so will run slower, so yea that's all fine!

The motherboard temp is PWMIC in "Smartguardian". I use "Everest" as well. It shows "Motherboard". I like to see two different sets of data on temps. If they are nearly the same, I am more comfortable.

I believe that the maximum temp for your mobo is 70C. I would be looking at case air-flow and cooling before it reaches anywhere near that on my system, however. As stated, CPU temps should stay at or below 50C.

I am OC'd to 2.7 from stock 2.4 and my temps run CPU = 32C, PWMIC (Motherboard) = 42C and Chipset (North Bridge) = 44C at idle. I am very comfortable with these temps. The load temps don't ever get out of control either.

Thanks old_geekster, I was wondering why the DFI data for Motherboard Monitor was showing CPU temps that Everest was showing for motherboard temps. I feel much better that my CPU idle temp is 30 C instead of 47 C

thanks oll, isnt the stock chipset fan suppose to spin at a max of 5800rpm though, according the smartguardian mine is spinning at 7300 atm and its only at 43C??

and for whatever reason now my cpu fan speed spins at 100rpm less on idle and slider is all the way to max.. wierd.